PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
honestly though it's obvious you are a Fox News brethren

The fact that I literally never watch Fox news reflects poorly on your perceptive abilities.

But really BROBS, take it easy dude...I know you're a believer in the climate change stuff...you know I'm not. I'm perfectly content to leave it at that.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
But really BROBS, take it easy dude...I know you're a believer in the climate change stuff...you know I'm not. I'm perfectly content to leave it at that.
Arguments from Global Warming Skeptics and what the science really says - https://skepticalscience.com/argument.php

you can not believe in a freight train about to hit your vehicle on the tracks but it still will. ?

How did climate change get so controversial? - https://skepticalscience.com/How-did-climate-change-get-so-controversial.html

Do scientists agree on climate change? – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet - https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scientists-agree-on-climate-change/

apparently 97% of scientists are on this ...... payroll?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpookedPiper

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I'm a geoscientist. I know it's a hoax. I personally know of at least one scientist in my university, who isn't even a climatologist, taking money from a Librano MP, who thankfully was voted out last election, to 'produce' 'evidence' that would justify carbon taxes. The resident climatologist remains ignored all the while. :rolleyes:

My research into Norse tenure in America confirms the hockey stick graph is BS. I really shouldn't have to go on.

But, in terms of pirates, yes, lower temperatures increase piracy! Global cooling in the Low Middle Ages was a major determinant for Viking raids. As soon as the globe got warmer, the Vikings became farmers and traders. Hooray for global warming and a more peaceful and prosperous world!

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
apparently 97% of scientists are on this ...... payroll?

This will be my last statement here. You can have the last word...matters not to me.

The "97%" figure is BS.

My view on this subject is based on reading I've done and interviews I've listened to, by and and with credible scientists. And also on studying the history of where all of this modern notion of AGW and climate change came from and how it's evolved.

You believe your scientists...I'll believe mine. Mine make more sense to me.

There is no genuine scientific consensus on this subject.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
So how did the Norse during their tenure in America measure and record temperature?
It's right there in the sagas: "there was no frost in Vinland in winter where Leif Eiriksson built his leifsbudir". The most accurate location for Leifsbudir so far is L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland. If Newfoundland (Vinland) had no snow or frost in winter it means the temperature in AD 1000 was WARMER than it is now; at a time when no culture on Earth was burning fossil fuels at the rate we are now.

Here's my paper on the subject: The Saga of Vinland the Balmy

Reactions: seanv

geo4

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2019
You could have easily found out that the chart you posted was inaccurate by a quick google search. So maybe research for yourself first before spreading more disinformation. How about a rational self-check rather than having to bottle-feed?

I did a Google search on the chart when I first encountered it, and I just did another, since the article you linked did not actually address it. I could not find anything actually addressing the inaccuracy of the chart. How about a little civility and reason rather than insulting and belittling other members, which is prohibited by the forum rules?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The "97%" figure is BS.

My view on this subject is based on reading I've done and interviews I've listened to, by and and with credible scientists. And also on studying the history of where all of this modern notion of AGW and climate change came from and how it's evolved.
Ditto!

As I wrote in yet another paper on the issue:

Atmospheric (Ne)science
Last, but not least, when weighing the paper in the scales of True Science it is found wanting,​
because it presupposes that anthropogenic climate change (ACC, to use the pedantic acronym)​
is reality. Nevertheless, and much to the chagrin of many, ACC is NOT ‘settled scientific fact’.​
Neither is the IPCC’s doomsday A2 scenario –or any of their scenarios and reports, for that matter.​
At best, all these things are highly debatable. At worst they are pure nescience, and ACC really​
stands for Anthropogenic Climate Confusion.​
Deus ex machina
In spite of its many failings, there is one thing we can learn from The changing hail threat over
North America in response to anthropogenic climate change. Namely, the realisation that spurious​
paradigms have become so deeply entrenched in the collective scientific mind that actual science​
is currently in decline, because the tools and methods of science –and ultimately truth itself– are​
being replaced with binary constructs. Man’s infatuation with the work of his own hands, which​
–in arrant arrogance– he deems to be more accurate, reliable, and, at length, truer, than the actual​
and factual natural world, have elevated climate models to an altar for all to follow, heed, obey, and​
worship—they are the new arcana—the Virtual Golden Calf. The fallout from all this is evident far and wide: Armchair virtual geography is rapidly becoming standard practice and displacing field observation and investigation. Meteorological stations are being closed down. Educational institutions bent on ‘innovation’ are replacing tried-and-true classroom classes with online courses, effectively dumbing down both teaching and learning. Research grants are given to white elephants that support the paradigm of ACC, whilst funding is​
denied to projects of actual value and benefit. Led by climate models, governments enact ridiculous​
and detrimental policies...​

Source: Computerised Modelling and Forecasting of Hail: The Rise of Virtual Geography Along a Hubris Front

• Love
Reactions: brian64

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I did a Google search on the chart when I first encountered it, and I just did another, since the article you linked did not actually address it. I could not find anything actually addressing the inaccuracy of the chart. How about a little civility and reason rather than insulting and belittling other members, which is prohibited by the forum rules?
how about this thread should have never strayed in a political direction anyways? Who posted the chart first?

regardless you are correct and I apologize. I am passionate about the subject.

Reactions: Bowie and geo4

geo4

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2019
how about this thread should have never strayed in a political direction anyways? Who posted the chart first?

regardless you are correct and I apologize. I am passionate about the subject.

I understand. And it did not at all occur to me that the thread would stray in this direction when I posted the chart. It was more of a tongue-in-cheek joke, so I apologize for not having the foresight to realize that it would likely cause heated discussion. We ought to be careful when joking if it is likely to make someone angry without a good reason. I was honest about wanting correction if the chart is inaccurate, but this is probably not the best place for that discussion.

Reactions: Bowie and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
And I’m sorry. I guess you can’t convince a rock they are made of stone.

medieval folk also believed in dragons but I refuse to believe what they wrote about it.

Reactions: perdurabo

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Damn, when did the poor Weather/Climate get so political. You know this thread has a limited life span

Facts:
Cold Climate=death
Warm Climate=Life

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I'm not passionate about this.. I like all y'all. As a interested innocent bystander, I ask, who caused all the previous climate changes? Like millions of years ago.. Aren't we, as modern humans a pretty small drop in the bucket of time and carbon emissions?

Reactions: saintpeter
Status
Not open for further replies.