PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Thanks to everyone for getting this pool off to a great start. My part in the operation of the pool is tiny compared to what Sable is doing.
I am downloading the Wally Frank catalog as I type this. Once I have received emails from a good chunk of the group, I will assemble a preliminary email list and distribute the catalog. There will be subsequent repeat distributions as the list fills out, but I want to keep the redundancy to a minimum.
So far I have received only three emails (two from current members, one from a prospective member) confirming addresses to be used for the email list. Even if I have previously corresponded with you by email, please send an email to pipesephemera@gmail.com to confirm the address I should use in the list. The faster I can build the list, the faster I can get the Sable's work to you.

walt24

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2015
E-mail wmengesiii@aol.com. I have to me an interesting 1979 GBD catolgue, with the pipes illustrated full size. Is this of interest, 60+ pages in color.
Walter

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Walt,
That sounds terrific, and we have some serious GBD fans here. But I'm going to have my hands full with the catalogs that we currently have. It takes a few full workdays to scan and process each one, and my time is tight. With the two catalogs that have been purchased, it will be a month or more before I can get to anything else. If you have a way to scan and produce the PDF, fabulous. Otherwise, I'd be happy to do this after I've done the Oppenheimer and Civic catalogs.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Speaking of the Oppenheimer and Civic catalogs they have shipped. There is no tracking, so I have no idea when they will arrive.
Walt, I am sure there will be plenty of interest in your 1979 GBD catalog.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Snagstangl, You are not too late to get in on the current pool buy. Let me know if you want to participate. My guess is that magazines would be subject to copyright, but it is worth a look.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
The 1939 Wally Frank catalog has been made available to everyone from whom I have received a contribution and an email address. If you did not receive the catalog, I am missing one or both of those things. Please let me know if there is any trouble accessing the catalog.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Awesome job, Jesse. Big Thanks to the whole group. Organizers and contributors for making this possible. Cool shite.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Glad you like the catalog, guys. Sorry for the file size, but the image quality really takes a huge hit if I try for a small file, and with all of that tiny print, I can't reduce resolution without making the print illegible. So I held these at 300 dpi and kept the tonal quality at photographic.
We'll see how it goes with the other catalogs, but more than likely the files will be large so as not to lose a faithful reproduction of the contents.

walt24

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2015
Great job. Once I figured out how to open it. my computer didn't want to, I printed it out. Outside of turning a couple of pages around. looks great.
Walter

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I am glad all of you are happy with the start of our endeavour. The Oppenheimer and Civic catalogs are currently en route to Sable. I can personally attest that they are in sound shape. There is some good stuff in store...
Snagstangl, I am sure there is interest in more Wally Frank catalogs. I know I want to see more. We should compare our holdings to avoid possible duplication.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice job on the Wally Frank catalog, Jesse, it looks awesome! Life is moving too fast at the moment for me to dive into it much, but the production value of the scan is awesome.
Cheers,
-- Pat

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Since I didn't hear from burr oaks asked wife. Envelope with check is in her purse. Soon it WILL be mailed. Shel

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
OK folks, the Civic and Oppenheimer catalogs have landed at my doorstep. They're FANTASTIC! They will also require a lot of work to scan, correct, and assemble. So my question to the group is...

Which one first? The Civic or the Oppenheimer?

Status
Not open for further replies.