PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Thanks, gents, I am aware of bittorrent and vpn's, though I am using neither currently.

Really trying to find out if there are regional differences in The States on Prime, Flix, any streamer.

Short of the above, is anyone able to watch the latest The Duke movie at home?

Unfortunately, it looks like for ordinary streaming it can't be watched and no release date has been announced yet. As I said, I've been checking for months and assumed with the movie release date it would just show up like so many movies seem to do these days right away if not simultaneous with the movie release, but no go.

Guarantee I'll be posting when I see any real news.

On another front the wife noticed the latest Downton Abbey movie is upon us. I may have to visit a big screen - no lie, we haven't been to a movie in a theater since the first Downton Abbey movie was released, as she reminded me. We enjoyed the TV series, and the first movie was fine, I just really don't like to go to theaters any more, which is a little sad because I was mesmerized by the big screen as a kid.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
How is this post not about John Wayne?
Or the Duke of Edinburgh!
I'm a jazz fan. If somebody says "The Duke" to me, it means this guy.
PEOPLE-ELLINGTON.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The release date for The Duke for streaming on Apple TV and Amazon Prime, etc. appears to be July 26, for those who may still be wondering and/or checking about every other day, lol, like I have been. I got suckered into a free trial of Apple TV, haha, because it said it was available, so I've got a free trial and did a search and it said I could "preorder" for July 26, so that's how I found out just a few minutes ago I wouldn't be watching tonight. Anyway, based on what I'm reading just around 4 weeks or so more to wait.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Is
Delayed, I suppose, by the pandemic, Roger Michell’s The Duke has reached theaters. The pipe smoking begins in the opening credits.

Jim Broadbent portrays real life Kempton Bunton, the reputed thief who absconded from a museum with Goya’s portrait of the Duke of Wellington in 1961.

At home, at work, in the streets, and even in the cinema, Bunton puffs away on his briar. A straight shape in the hands of Broadbent.

Good movie. Worth your time.

Jay
this only in theaters, or is it available on some streaming service as well?

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Is

this only in theaters, or is it available on some streaming service as well?
Apple TV, Amazon Prime, my cable TV on demand service all have it and yes, $5.99.

As mentioned in the other thread, I watched early this morning - wife didn't get up until it was nearly done, so happy to watch it again a little later this evening!

Reactions: madox07 and jpmcwjr

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Just for fun here's a still from a well known movie. Let's see who can identify the film. I'll post the answer in a day or two.

I can't be absolutely sure, but from what I can see the rack and humidor combo is one that was made by Decature. puffy

Ituu5mage1.jpg

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123