Pipes and Cigars.com Effs it Up Again....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
where on over at smoking pipes I've gotten packages so well packed and thought out I had to write them and to say thanks to the person who packed this order. Seriously never thought that would happen. But that was some expert level packing.

Reactions: BROBS
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Ah geez. P&C sucks. I’m surprised anybody buys anything from them anymore.
Oh wait, no I’m not. Even money says next time a wet panties alert flashes across the interweb stating some unobtainium is at P&C, half you never againers will be posting your haul.
Happens every time.

No question. I would have liked a few tins of the SG special release that's apparently exclusive to P&C. Nope. I vote with my wallet and my wallet is casting no further votes for P&C.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
So if I was playing devils wotsit I’d be saying it seems this retailer is supposed to use additional packing (& the time/money that costs) because the carrier is known to not treat their packages with any basic respect. Maybe that’s the right way to handle it or maybe the ire should be aimed at the carrier for having a reputation for throwing the carton around/not safing it in transit etc. Do we really need to pack things in a manner more suited to a round the world trip on the back of a two legged donkey just so that the guys at UPS (or wherever) are ok to toss it from one spot to the next instead of carry/place

The only fault I can see with the retailer is that they mistakenly stickered this box as requiring a signature (either genuine error or overzealous action given new incoming legislation) no error is preferably of course but at least it’s a positive error, the alternative neg-error is not stickering a package that should get a signature. (I guess it’s not beyond the realms of probability that the authorities will ‘test-purchase’ to see if this is requirement is being adhered to)

But then I don’t know the history you guys have gone through with this retailer previously, they may be as bad as described

Reactions: anotherbob

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Truly poor packaging examples. Ordered 7 tins of 3p, hope their not dented up like those pictured. Most purchasers cellar their goods to some degree, and a damage free container is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.