Pipes and Cigars.com Effs it Up Again....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know.....

It's my fault for thinking anything would change, but they are the only ones selling Hansom Flake and I wanted some to give away for a birthday present for my buddy (who hinted around that he wanted some) so I broke my own rule and bought from P&C again.

I paid extra for the Priority shipping so that it would arrive before the party which is today. I bought more than 5 tins, thinking that would increase the odds of getting at least 2 tins that were not dented from their pi$$ poor and negligent packing department. I watched the USPS tracking every day to be sure it was on time and there was not going to be any hitches in the process.

Everything was A-OK...... UNTIL.....

The mailman arrived at my house (No one home but I have security cameras that alert me when some enters my property so I knew he was there). he went up to the door, banged on it, and then left a note stating "Signature Required"

WTH???? I have put up with their crappy service for over $4 grand's worth of tobacco and pipes during my first 6 months of pipe smoking and while everything else imaginable has gone wrong in my dealings with them, I have lost a package and I have NEVER had to sign before!

I get on the Website to get Customer service number. The website says Cust Service is open until 7pm weekdays. Cool. Call them up, punch the buttons for Customer Service and a recording says Customer Service is only open until 5pm on weekdays.

SOMEBODY SLAP ME FOR BEING SO STUPID!

I don't care if they are giving away my Birth Year in a Dunhill Dead Root 4 Stars, I WILL NEVER GET SUCKED INTO DOING BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS AGAIN. There are just too many fine tobacconists out there to have to put up with their sh*t :poop:. I am SOOO DONE!

I guess I will just give my buddy a tin or 2 of Esoterica for his Birthday.... The irony here is he WANTED the Hansom Flake so I am afraid the Esoterica will be sort of a disappointment...

Okay, Thanks for letting me get this out. ?

Their hands may be tied, I've heard that depending on what state the customer lives in, tobacco packages from retailers are shipping with signature confirmation, for legal reasons. Or something.

Luckily, that's not it or it would be the same with the 15 other Tobacconists with whom I do business.

On my account it says "Your address has been age verified" I am not a new customer of theirs. Never had the problem in the past.

The point is moot though because I am done with them.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I would have no issue with that whatsoever. In fact, I request that all deliveries made to me require a signature. Why, you might ask? Because my delivery person is an airhead. I've had any number of packages for other people land at my doorstep and I've delivered them to their proper addresses.

I've had packages intended for me go missing, including pipes.

I'm not sure if the delivery person is illiterate or thick as a plank.

With a signature required, at least she has to look at the name and address rather than dump it wherever she thinks it might go. Complaints to the USPS have resulted in nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.