PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have not spotted a pipe smoker. I mistimed my afternoon smoke, so when I had to leave, I had not finished my pipe. Normally I would leave the pipe at home, but today I continued to smoke it in my car. I drove for about 12 miles - 17/18 minutes before I finished the pipe. Plenty of opportunities for others to spot a pipe smoker.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Elric

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I usually try to hide the pipe that I’m smoking while I’m driving for fear of someone calling cops because they think I’m smoking dope

Reactions: jpmcwjr

wordheavy

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2019
Southern California
I've seen a, couple, once while working and once while on a road trip. At work; I smelled that very distinct Aro tobacco smell, turned around and there was a fellow pipe smoker getting in his car. On the road trip; we stopped at a rest stop and an older fella was just emptying his pipe and leaving. Neither times was I able to start a conversation, but I will catch one in the wild some day. Those are my experiences... the ones that got away.

When you try to strike a conversation... Just remember Tigers are a solitary animal. They only interact with each other in forums!
I've seen a, couple, once while working and once while on a road trip. At work; I smelled that very distinct Aro tobacco smell, turned around and there was a fellow pipe smoker getting in his car. On the road trip; we stopped at a rest stop and an older fella was just emptying his pipe and leaving. Neither times was I able to start a conversation, but I will catch one in the wild some day. Those are my experiences... the ones that got away.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I have seen a guy pull out a pipe while having a rest from skiing in Norway.

I also sometimes smoke a pipe with a young business contact while smoking at the local cigar lounge. He’s got one of the long Lord of the Ring style churchwardens. There sometimes is another guy at the cigar lounge that smokes what looks like a Peterson pipe.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
It's anything and totally judgement based. Touch screens in your vehicle or even fiddling with radio dials can be construed as distracted driving

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Pipe smokers in the wild...
jayvzud.mp4

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I would estimate I have a pipe in my mouth 75% of the time I'm driving. Aside from being at a B&M or the Chicago pipe show, I've only seen one pipe smoker in the past year. He was also in a car driving on the bypass around Cincinnati.

Status
Not open for further replies.