Nov 13, 2019
IA
Here’s the place @7charb was at:
AgedShadyEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I live in a beach community and love to sit at outside beach bars and restaurants enjoying my pipe. But I have learned to expect some looks. I'm not an older guy. I don't have a beard and I really don't want to be labeled as the guy just doing it for attention. But I don't like to think that I have to hide either.

I was approached last night, while in a cigar bar smoking, by a lady who said that she liked the smell and that it reminded her of her father.

BUT, I can't think of any other way to meet other pipe smokers, than going out and waving that flag.

Hope that didn't come out as babbling.
Not at all. I hear you. I’d love to sit out and have a pipe at a beach bar. But, my week long stint per summer in San Diego feels like I’d be stabbed for doing so. I could smoke a joint in front of everyone’s family, but a pipe could get you banished.

For the record, I smoke pipe on patio of rental near beach it’s great with morning coffee. But I lack the fortitude to brave the outside environs for fear of I don’t know what.

That my friend is genuine babbling right there!

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
Well I have not spotted a pipe smoker. I mistimed my afternoon smoke, so when I had to leave, I had not finished my pipe. Normally I would leave the pipe at home, but today I continued to smoke it in my car. I drove for about 12 miles - 17/18 minutes before I finished the pipe. Plenty of opportunities for others to spot a pipe smoker.
Hey i ride a bike so look forward to packing one when have got to where i have to go . Always nice after a crisp ride to work but no unfortunately i am the only pipe smoker around here i know of he he . They must be here sumwhere but maybe the price of it down here has eroded our pipe smokeing population to just me . That goodness for all the fine people who make up the community that is pipes magazine. Com thanks to all

Reactions: cshubhra

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
I spent last weekend in Monterey, CA and decided to visit the Carmel Pipe Shop. My nose helped find the door before my eyes could. This gave me the courage to bust out my pipe as we walked about the shops in Carmel. 30 minutes later yet another spotting... Being such a beautiful and seemingly pipe friendly location I do plan to visit again.

johnscs

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2009
I spent last weekend in Monterey, CA and decided to visit the Carmel Pipe Shop. My nose helped find the door before my eyes could. This gave me the courage to bust out my pipe as we walked about the shops in Carmel. 30 minutes later yet another spotting... Being such a beautiful and seemingly pipe friendly location I do plan to visit again.
Carmel Pipe Shop? For real? A real shame I missed you. I hope Doug was in charge when you visited the Carmel Pipe Shop. I love hanging out with him while we smoke our pipes in the tiny but smoke-friendly shop, which attracts a good share of local pipe lovers, as well as plenty of tobacco-curious out-of-towners: I nearly always have a pipe spotting or two in Carmel. Hope you make your way back soon!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
The last pipe smoker I saw I didn't get to talk to. Ambulance came into the park with the accompanying fire engine. When they left I got a perfect silhouette view of the fire truck driver with a straight stem poker jammed in his mouth. Whether it was lit or not I have no idea, but I have to doubt it. I figure smoking of any kind would be frowned on during a medical run.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Not at all. I hear you. I’d love to sit out and have a pipe at a beach bar. But, my week long stint per summer in San Diego feels like I’d be stabbed for doing so. I could smoke a joint in front of everyone’s family, but a pipe could get you banished.

For the record, I smoke pipe on patio of rental near beach it’s great with morning coffee. But I lack the fortitude to brave the outside environs for fear of I don’t know what.

That my friend is genuine babbling right there!
I went for an early morning walk when we were in Nanaimo this spring. I walked along the water and stopped on an out of the way bench. People of all ages looked at me like I was a criminal. I didn't care, I was enjoying some nice Virginia and the ocean

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.