PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I noticed it was 10 years old even from the Forbes article. I've read all the studies I've posted, yet you failed to realize that my links discredit said study. Don't infer anything about my patients. Good day sir.
I really don’t care about your links, I wasn’t taking sides or trying to make a point other than you were incorrect about the study not being from a medical institution. You seem to have difficulty understanding that. This isn’t about your patients.

Lournery

Lurker
Jan 22, 2024
I think it's fantastic that you've found comfort and relaxation in pipe smoking. It's all about finding what works for you, and if it helps with your mood and anxiety, that's a win.
Besides, I totally get what you mean about the slow, deliberate process of pipe smoking.

<< Snipped bits out >> Links regarding cannabis just don't fly here.
Are you a pipe smoker? If so, please introduce yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
I'm a long time amateur stargazer. For many years, a few minutes under the stars just enjoying the ancient constellations and allowing myself to drift off into infinity helped me to distance myself from the day's problems and frustrations. My life has been far from serene, but when I came back in, I was better able to constructively face the next day. A recent explosion in local light pollution has pretty much destroyed my view of the stars, and that's taken a serious toll on me.

Smoking a pipe has proven to be very helpful to me. I can sit outside on a swinging chair with an OLD book and a churchwarden pipe and just disappear into the past for a little while. Yeah, winter has put a damper on that, but I guess that's what drew me to this group now...
Marty

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Sorry, but medically, the psychotropic medications are proven with peer reviewed studies that show how effective they are in patients who need them. Nothing irritates me more than people not educated in medicine denying the science that has been proven to alleviate symptoms.
“The main areas of serotonin research provide no consistent evidence of there being an association between serotonin and depression, and no support for the hypothesis that depression is caused by lowered serotonin activity or concentrations.”

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
Picking up the pipe eased my transition out of alcohol and funny grass consumption. It motivated me to start writing and reading old books as well as a fascination with Irish culture. Compared to sloth and gluttony, the way of the pipe has helped me realize a more productive and balanced version of myself. Wouldn't change a thing if I could.

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
Picking up the pipe eased my transition out of alcohol and funny grass consumption. It motivated me to start writing and reading old books as well as a fascination with Irish culture. Compared to sloth and gluttony, the way of the pipe has helped me realize a more productive and balanced version of myself. Wouldn't change a thing if I could.
I have successfully incorporated pipe smoking into my sloth and gluttony routine. 💯