PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
“Path of the turtle”. I like that. That’s how I got mine. That’s how Dad got his. And you know what? He had some left over, and I got a bit of that.
Gamblers never talk about their losses. Neither do people in the stock market. Municipal Bonds, insured annuities, royalties on oil wells, lol, all match the stock market, no loss of principle, and in many cases avoid state and federal tax liabilities. Nothing sexy, you sleep at night, and if you never exceed a 10 year mortgage, you slide across the finish line with ease. Could I have done more - my aspirations were to serve the public in education - something that came with a different set of perks.

H

Hfinn

Billion here, billion there, solving great issues by phone calls.
And still, a million dollars is an extremely large amount and you need to work for a very long and productive to raise them.

Damn, now I have to read a novel's worth of posts to find out why everyone is talking about money.
Read GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I get paid to sit at the local mall bathrooms and smoke. Not a clue why...LOL!!
I guess it's always good when you can turn a hobby into income. I'd leave that one off of your resume though. It could be misconstrued when you write that you smoke pipes in the men's room for money. puffy

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I've watched (or read) more than a couple of conversations (threads) that got to arguing the point of "what's normal?" and the above quote seems to be where most of these end up.

What's normal in one region is usually considered the blackest heresy in the next one over. Or maybe in the next one over from there. What's normal in one generation is often considered insanity by their elders. What's normal in one income bracket is incomprehensible to those in much higher brackets.

and etcetera, etcetera, etcetera . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.