PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2019
Undah Da Sea
Months ago, I started with wood matches so I could take my time and avoid charring the rim. Eventually I ran out so I learned to use a Bic... without burning my thumb, yay.
I just ordered some refillable butane lighters and some hemp wick to play with because why not. They should be arriving soon™️

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Months ago, I started with wood matches so I could take my time and avoid charring the rim. Eventually I ran out so I learned to use a Bic... without burning my thumb, yay.
I just ordered some refillable butane lighters and some hemp wick to play with because why not. They should be arriving soon™️
very nice let me know how those wicks work

Reactions: Dusk

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
I use a zippo with a pipe insert when it’s windy or I’m in the car. I also let the zippo burn for a few seconds before I bring it to the tobacco, I otherwise use an IM corona old boy, which I really love, the shape of the flame is very much like a match and it’s very easy to control where it goes.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I use a zippo with a pipe insert when it’s windy or I’m in the car. I also let the zippo burn for a few seconds before I bring it to the tobacco, I otherwise use an IM corona old boy, which I really love, the shape of the flame is very much like a match and it’s very easy to control where it goes.
I have to get a pipe incert and try the zippo again

Reactions: lightxmyfire

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Zippo, and I can’t taste any fluid taste.
back up clipper lighter.
Zippo is a fantastic lighter.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I hope this is not a DB thing to say, But Bigragu, you should add J.R.R Tolkien at end of the quote. I’m not the etiquette police, but it is out of respect for the author.

Coming from the guy who has “borrowed” Jacque Cousteau’s likeness.

wordheavy

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2019
Southern California
I use matches when I have them, zippo with insert when i don't. I have used a bic many times. I prefer matches but since I am pretty new, I can empty a box quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.