PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
Matches, BIC and other cheap butane lighters.
Zippo looks nice but many admit there's a flavour, an idea to buy canisters of fuel and even additional gear (flints) for when the original one will break isn't too attractive. If one accidentally dropped it in a car ... omg. No Zippo for me. :)

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Butane canisters and flint packages do as well.
Fair enough. I work in a coffee shop, and you have to use the reusable cups 17 times to make them better than the paper disposables.

I guess I am wondering where that intersection is for Bics and a corona old boy or a kiribi

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I guess I am wondering where that intersection is for Bics and a corona old boy or a kiribi
For me it's about durability. Less than $50 for a box of 50 BICs that can take a beating and still work for at least two weeks versus a $130 Corona that I dropped and broke the day I bought it.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I use a Zippo with pipe insert 90% of the time but always carry a Bic as well just in case. Someone mentioned forgetting to refill the Zippo. But the more you use the Zippo the more you remember to refill it. If I'm leaving the house for more than a few hours, I automatically add a little fluid.

I also have a big box of greenlight matches that I use strictly in the garage.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I use a Zippo with pipe insert 90% of the time but always carry a Bic as well just in case. Someone mentioned forgetting to refill the Zippo. But the more you use the Zippo the more you remember to refill it. If I'm leaving the house for more than a few hours, I automatically add a little fluid.

I also have a big box of greenlight matches that I use strictly in the garage.
When I get out of the army I plan on getting a house and builing a nice shed and makeing it my mancave/smoke den wjere I wont have to care I can just use matches

Status
Not open for further replies.