PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Cabot- I would have believed Hemingway!

I use a Corona Old Boy and love it. I have a Kiribi Kaboto, but it seems to have gotten a little unpredictable when adjusting the flame.

If I'm smoking a deep chamber I'll switch to wood safety matches at some point and insert it down into the chamber bit

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
oh so use as directed. :) funny how many products work better when you follow the directions.
LOL. Yeah. I actually tend to tilt the pipe sideways towards the lighter when the bowl is halfway through or more. I do this with any type of lighter, but it's a must when using a Bic. Alas, now that Bics have no flame regulation and big arse flames this will result in rim charring, but better the rim than my finger.

Reactions: anotherbob

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
it amazes me how many times I have been asked if I did bring the pipe and want to smoke while at a non-smokers home. Which is always a treat for me as I won't smoke in my own home.
yeah that's a rarity for me I did have one lady I worked for on her farm who used to let me sit in her cellar and smoke in the winter and turn it into basically a mancave

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
LOL. Yeah. I actually tend to tilt the pipe sideways towards the lighter when the bowl is halfway through or more. I do this with any type of lighter, but it's a must when using a Bic. Alas, now that Bics have no flame regulation and big arse flames this will result in rim charring, but better the rim than my finger.
I do the same thing even with bic lighters . I just do it out of habit I guess

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I wish we could go back to the good old days of pupe smoking and when you could smoke inside
When I first got married I could smoke in the house. There wasn't even a question (50 years ago in December.) Then I quit for a few years voluntarily, just too busy or something, and when I picked it up again new rules were in force.

• Wow

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Bic because it’s what I usually got on hand. I had a fancy butane lighter but it works about 20% of the time. Using Bics bothers me though because they are just adding to landfills... maybe a new fancy more reliable butane is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.