PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
How many bowls per day out of the same pipe? What do you do in between bowls, if you don't mind? I'd like to try this to experiment.
I smoke the same pipe 2-5 times per day cleaning after each smoke. That term bowl always confuses me as that's the part of the stummel the chamber is drilled out of.

Reactions: Dallas Wynn

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
I smoke the same pipe 2-5 times per day cleaning after each smoke. That term bowl always confuses me as that's the part of the stummel the chamber is drilled out of.
I bet a lot of folks that use the term "bowl" in regards to a what is smoked are former or current pot heads. ??‍♂️

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
With my arthritis I've taken to calling it knuckle candy.
I actually would suggest one thing from the dispensaries that doesn't get you high. They make thc infused lotions and it's kind of amazing what it does for helping with local and chronic pain. Not sure what your local or state situation is with such things, might be worth looking into. It's reduced my intake of otc analgesics a lot. Again just to make sure it's clear the stuff doesn't get you even a little bit high (there is more party in chamomile tea).

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I actually would suggest one thing from the dispensaries that doesn't get you high. They make thc infused lotions and it's kind of amazing what it does for helping with local and chronic pain. Not sure what your local or state situation is with such things, might be worth looking into. It's reduced my intake of otc analgesics a lot. Again just to make sure it's clear the stuff doesn't get you even a little bit high (there is more party in chamomile tea).
I have found that increasing my intake of peppers with lots of capsaicin alleviates some of the pain and stiffness.

lawdogspipes

Might Stick Around
May 19, 2010
I think it mostly happens when there is a hidden fault in the wood but I’ve heard that guys who dangle a pipe from there mouth can burn out the back wall of the chamber. A pipe’s walls are only as think as the thinnest spot. ?

Many times I think you are correct.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Total disassembly of the pipe after each smoke. I run a pipe cleaner through the stem and draft hole and clean the mortise with a Q-tip. For the chamber I cover my finger with a paper towel and wipe it out until the towel is no longer blackened. After reassembly I wipe the entire pipe exterior (stem and stummel) with a Jeweler's cloth. I smoke the same pipe multiple times per day for a week, sometimes longer, and in three decades I've never had a sour pipe, nor an oxidized stem on a pipe that I bought new.

You seem like a saint compared to me. My poor Grabow.....sheesh