PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Only on the wife's half (which I will gallantly help her finish, as a gentleman!), but I'm more traditional with pepperoni & Italian sausage. Unless, of course, it's the only option available...

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
"PS The best pizza I ever had was from World Pizza in Sienna, Italy."

The best I ever had was in Paris back in ~ 1988. I can't recall what it was called (calzone?) but it was made, then folded over itself and deep fried!

It might sound odd but it was absolutely gorgeous :)

Regards,

Jay.
I was introduced to Calzone when I was backpacking in Italy. Ab Fab! I've never understood why it hasn't been widely offered in the US. Shocking!

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I vote pineapple and chicken pesto. Ice cold Stella and a well done Sifi movies with green blooded men from Mars getting blown to bits by a well endowed redhead female ship captain. Sorry, kinda went off there….

• Haha
Reactions: edger and timelord
I was introduced to Calzone when I was backpacking in Italy. Ab Fab! I've never understood why it hasn't been widely offered in the US. Shocking!
Every time I have ever gotten a calzone, it was because the place was famous for them, and they are like pizza with 80% more bread. Like a huge bubble of bread, with a small scoop of pizza stuff in the middle. And, none of them were of a size that I could pick up and eat. They should make them more like a burrito, IMO.

Every time I have ever gotten a calzone, it was because the place was famous for them, and they are like pizza with 80% more bread. Like a huge bubble of bread, with a small scoop of pizza stuff in the middle. And, none of them were of a size that I could pick up and eat. They should make them more like a burrito, IMO.
Agreed. They have always been a let down for me.

Reactions: SoddenJack

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
I completely agree with your calzone assesment, the bread to filling ratio is way off. Have you had a Stromboli? More like a rolled up pizza or a sausage roll with pizza fillings. Still often need to be eaten with a knife and fork.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would rather stick an ice pick in my eye before ever tasting that swill. If anyone ever asked for it when we were ordering pizze they were told piss off, find a real pizza that is not disgusting. Nothing wrong with peppers, onions, sausage extra cheese. Or bacon, extra cheeses, sausage, meatballs.

I would rather stick an ice pick in my eye before ever tasting that swill. If anyone ever asked for it when we were ordering pizze they were told piss off, find a real pizza that is not disgusting. Nothing wrong with peppers, onions, sausage extra cheese. Or bacon, extra cheeses, sausage, meatballs.
You obviously posted before reading the entire thread. Ha ha, and now you are required to buy us all a pizza. puffy