PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Man that's a bummer they failed twice. I'm hoping here in the next few weeks to finally bring home a pair of LS50s. I've wanted Pan's for a while now and finally found some nearby, just have to find the time to drive to the guy to pick them up.

While it isn't the same as a speaker setup, you can reach some peak performance out of headphones. I have a few hifi pairs and enjoy my experiences with them greatly. I'm still a speaker guy, but it's amazing what a few hundred bucks can get you in the headphones realm these days.
Looks like you've been listening to the Audiophiliac. :) Hope you like the ls50s, I've never heard them. About a month ago I posted my headphone setup. Here's the link in case you missed it and are interested.

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
She's my Aunt Ennerdale ... the one who wears too much lipstick and gives the kids big wet sloppy kisses. She's an eccentric lady with outdated sensibilities, an exclusively hot pink wardrobe, an encyclopedic knowledge of erotic literature, and a penchant for flavored liquors. She talks too loud, has absolutely no filter, and you will smell her three days after she leaves. She's a living legend in the Gawith Hoggarth lineup and you either know exactly what I'm talking about or owe it to yourself to give her a try.Aunt Ennerdale.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I met Barry Humphries a few times in the 1980s-1990s.

A close friend was going out with one of his daughters and they used to house-sit his various Sydney residences while he was out of the country.
He lived in London mostly and was seldom in Australia.
So it would always be a surprise to have him pop in to say "hello" while we were having lunch, and then leave as abruptly as he appeared.