PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
Just realized that 2022 is the 100-yr anniversary of the beginning of the 'Irish Free State' period (1922-37).

Here are a couple of mine, along with a period box. Top - 606 Natural. Bottom - 588 Kapet.

I have three others that I'll try to organize into a serviceable photo.

View attachment 152835
You do not see these shapes anymore...kinda old school... Sweet!

Reactions: edger

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I've recently acquired an appreciation for Peterson pipes and this is my newest acquisition.
I paired it with a new-to-me blend that rose quickly to the top of my short list.
Excellent combo.
I think I'll be getting more pipes from Peterson.

1665583322045.png

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I've recently acquired an appreciation for Peterson pipes and this is my newest acquisition.
I paired it with a new-to-me blend that rose quickly to the top of my short list.
Excellent combo.
I think I'll be getting more pipes from Peterson.

View attachment 174567
Sure enough, I already got another Peterson - and I love it / them. This one came as a "freebie" with a couple of other pipes in a package deal with an accessory I wanted. I figured the pipe would make the purchase worth the $ and in fact - the $ would have been worth the pipe alone.

1665674370839.png

Reactions: Nevaditude

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
I own a a Peterson and love it, but I’ve been wondering about something. Apologies as this has prob been discussed before, but what’s the difference (if any) between a Peterson and a Kapp and Peterson? Where does the Kapp bit come in?

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Kapp were two brothers who owned a shop. Peterson was a craftsman they hired. Some died, and things get sold off, and bought off, and ended up being Kapp & Peterson.

Reactions: Sam Gamgee