PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Might be the angle and lighting, but I think this is a bit to dark for a smooth.

I forgot the B61 shape we corresponded about, great shape!
It is very over cast here today, it is honey colored like the current Deluxe rating. Peterson Deluxe Classic Natural (B10) P-Lip | Buy Peterson Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes.com - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=472069
I acquired it for $80 on eBay a few years ago, it has nice birds eye.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Put this in a different thread, but these two are on their first voyage today. Original SH I've had awhile and the "Junior Watson" that arrived recently - I'd been looking seriously at a Watson but already have full sized pipes in the SH and was resisting and kind of over it, then came the email from SP and there you are, lol.

6A41E6FD-527A-45BC-ADED-AAA4FC706514_1_201_a.jpeg20830CAE-A123-42FD-90A8-5820B35970D0_1_201_a.jpeg

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Put this in a different thread, but these two are on their first voyage today. Original SH I've had awhile and the "Junior Watson" that arrived recently - I'd been looking seriously at a Watson but already have full sized pipes in the SH and was resisting and kind of over it, then came the email from SP and there you are, lol.
Not a lot of talk about the jr.'s but I got my Baskerville jr this week and love the size. Really glad I ordered it. Really cool and only 85 made out of supposedly old strummels. Nice pic. Enjoy.

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
A restored circa 1980s 312. One on my “ new” faves I am enjoying from my the old man. I definitely appreciate the “taste” of my tobacco in this baby and I wouldnt hestitate to pop for another. And if you can’t appreciate the Grateful Dead you may have been smoking more brown leaf than green.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
So, after exploring straight billiards with a few of y'all, I received the 107 Dublin Filter Plip today alongside a Donegal Rocky 120 and the new Peterson Patent Pipes catalogue book from Mark Irwin.

I can say, I'm really impressed with the 107. I'm going to smoke it this afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting the other two billiards later this week, but I'm already into this 107. ?

20220207_125704.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
So, after exploring straight billiards with a few of y'all, I received the 107 Dublin Filter Plip today alongside a Donegal Rocky 120 and the new Peterson Patent Pipes catalogue book from Mark Irwin.

I can say, I'm really impressed with the 107. I'm going to smoke it this afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting the other two billiards later this week, but I'm already into this 107. ?

View attachment 126929
Is that the "chubby" billiard you were discussing recently as far as shape, or someone was?

That's really nice! Not that there's anything wrong with the other one, lol, I like the hue on the rusticateds (and if that's a blast, I like it as well).

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa

View attachment 126708View attachment 126709
FYI, both performed their duties well yesterday - that Calabash has some good capacity! I did go with "junior" second and broke down and tried some Dunhill Aperitif as a substitute for something sweet --- I kept getting some kind of clove or something note out of it (so I guess I taste a few things, haha) and it wasn't what I wanted with the coffee and Dove chocolates I was stuffing in my mouth, and the "mood" of the morning, etc. so dumped it right away and went back to the Boswell Honey Roast I had planned for that pipe yesterday and things were magically all right with the world. Once again, "crispy" was the good word of the day for the tobacco.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Is that the "chubby" billiard you were discussing recently as far as shape, or someone was?

That's really nice! Not that there's anything wrong with the other one, lol, I like the hue on the rusticateds (and if that's a blast, I like it as well).

Yes, that's one of the chubby billiards we were discussing.

The 120 has a red hue to it. I picked them both up as estates from Smoking Pipes.

I'm waiting on a couple more straight billiards to come in from Reborn Pipes. I'll post pics when I get them.