Might Stick Around
Feb 4, 2022
Washington state
I have four, which is the most I own of any single brand:
Aran B10
Aran 105
System Ebony 306
Carroll of Carrollton

They‘re all less than two years old, and despite some folks’ criticism of newer Petersons, I love all of mine. Great pipes!
Love Peterson’s I really don’t get it either with all the hate?
Almost all my pipes are Peterson’s and I have nothing but praise for them.

I’ve been in contact with the IRA and @cosmicfolklore better not visit Ireland any time soon!
While driving through Northern Ireland in the 90's, I pulled over to little mechanic. I asked if he could fill up my tank.
He said "No."
Can you check my oil?
He said, "No."
Can you...
He interrupted, "We're a front for the IRA."
Oh... can you blow up my tires?

Ba domp.. tsssss....

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
While driving through Northern Ireland in the 90's, I pulled over to little mechanic. I asked if he could fill up my tank.
He said "No."
Can you check my oil?
He said, "No."
Can you...
He interrupted, "We're a front for the IRA."
Oh... can you blow up my tires?

Ba domp.. tsssss....
A candidate for the IRA was asked to to blow up a car for his initiation but burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Over the years I have owned several Peterson's the majority of those were late 90 era production, and of medium price range,i have mixed opinion on how good or bad they were , one was certain, the final finishing of those pieces left something to be desired ,minor manufacturing flaws and imperfections were perceptible on each of them in most cases those issues were in regards to staining, drilling or stem alignment / fitting, let it put this way,in the same price range I'd rather be buying Stanwell or Savinelli over Peterson's any day,those few older ones I had were perfect,then Petersons were a bit heavy weight and standard shapes were a bit too robust to my liking

Jaron h

Might Stick Around
Feb 4, 2022
Washington state
D

deluxe system 20s. Should arrive today. I’ll post it.
Wow I’m really excited for you! I’ve really loved the higher grade system’s that come with the aluminum condenser at the base of the stem. In my experience the little extension seems to catch moisture very effectively on it’s outer wall, it also seems to catch stray ash/particles of tobacco that would in most cases go up into the stem. Looking forward to seeing it! ??

Jaron h

Might Stick Around
Feb 4, 2022
Washington state
Over the years I have owned several Peterson's the majority of those were late 90 era production, and of medium price range,i have mixed opinion on how good or bad they were , one was certain, the final finishing of those pieces left something to be desired ,minor manufacturing flaws and imperfections were perceptible on each of them in most cases those issues were in regards to staining, drilling or stem alignment / fitting, let it put this way,in the same price range I'd rather be buying Stanwell or Savinelli over Peterson's any day,those few older ones I had were perfect,then Petersons were a bit heavy weight and standard shapes were a bit too robust to my liking
It’s great that you’re enjoying Stanwell and Savinelli, both great brands as well! Happy puffing ??

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Furthering my pursuit of the straight billiard, here are my latest two Petersons, which I purchased from Steve Laug of Reborn Pipes. A Kapruf 5s (top) and a Wicklow 24s, both Plips. Each has been beautifully & meticulously restored, just as the other pipes I've bought from Steve have been.

20220208_174315.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Furthering my pursuit of the straight billiard, here are my latest two Petersons, which I purchased from Steve Laug of Reborn Pipes. A Kapruf 5s (top) and a Wicklow 24s, both Plips. Each has been beautifully & meticulously restored, just as the other pipes I've bought from Steve have been.

View attachment 127194
Great finds and he is definitely a pleasure to deal with!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ

View attachment 127194
I had a Donegal Rocky 24s with a silver ferrule and a vulcanite fishtail stem that I bought in 1983 in Northern Ireland when I went to my brothers' wedding to a local girl.
He just started smoking a pipe so I sent it to him to commemorate his nuptials. The 24s is not seen much anymore but they are great for a short smoke. Nice find. Enjoy!

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
Just got this 20s. The pipe functionally and aesthetically is fantastic. Fit and finish, drilling/draft whole all perfect.

I’m considering buying another of the exact same build. Although I have my eye on a new grange Dublin as well.

Only issue and I said it elsewhere so I’m not gonna beat it to death, the bowl coating is horrible.0A79A074-F4AD-47D1-8846-77F62B4470E0.jpeg

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
That, you definitely do not want to smoke. Send it to me to take care of??