Petersons!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I will just say that I have not yet seen a pipe company that has such blindly devoted fans as Peterheads, ha ha. They're like those zombified Deadheads that roll through town forcing everyone to listen to their rhetoric.

I am not a die hard fan of ANY company, despite what they make. I keep a healthy skepticism.

That said, I did once have two Peterson early on in my pipesmoking that just tasted like crap. I let those just disappear, probably behind a couch or under a dresser somewhere. I could care less.

Another thing I don't like about most Petersons is their fat shanks... and the P-lips. They just look ridiculous, like a woman with really fat legs.

But, I have given them a fair shake, like I said, I am not anti-any company, nor a diehard fan. I do really like my Rua billiard... I think nerds and Peterheads call it a 106. I also really like my Regaire bulldog, hell, I can't even remember the nerd numbers for that one, but I like them.

For a cheap pipe, I think they smoke pretty good.

I guess it's ok to be all fandom-like. But, I take things posted about Peterson by zombified fans with a grain of salt. If Peterson started just not drilling the draft at all, Peterson fans would be like "Great, we get to finish them ourselves..." like a corncob fan just loves using Elmers Glue to fix their toy pipes.

Antis and diehards are in the same category for me... full of totally unreliable information about whatever company is the focus of their obsession.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I will just say that I have not yet seen a pipe company that has such blindly devoted fans as Peterheads, ha ha. They're like those zombified Deadheads that roll through town forcing everyone to listen to their rhetoric.

I am not a die hard fan of ANY company, despite what they make. I keep a healthy skepticism.

That said, I did once have two Peterson early on in my pipesmoking that just tasted like crap. I let those just disappear, probably behind a couch or under a dresser somewhere. I could care less.

Another thing I don't like about most Petersons is their fat shanks... and the P-lips. They just look ridiculous, like a woman with really fat legs.

But, I have given them a fair shake, like I said, I am not anti-any company, nor a diehard fan. I do really like my Rua billiard... I think nerds and Peterheads call it a 106. I also really like my Regaire bulldog, hell, I can't even remember the nerd numbers for that one, but I like them.

For a cheap pipe, I think they smoke pretty good.

I guess it's ok to be all fandom-like. But, I take things posted about Peterson by zombified fans with a grain of salt. If Peterson started just not drilling the draft at all, Peterson fans would be like "Great, we get to finish them ourselves..." like a corncob fan just loves using Elmers Glue to fix their toy pipes.

Antis and diehards are in the same category for me... full of totally unreliable information about whatever company is the focus of their obsession.

See, and fanatical Peterheads will say that what I posted was anti-Peterson.
And, the Peterhaters will say that I am a Peterson sympathizer. Ha ha, being frank, open, and honest about Petersons draws heat from both sides.

If people want to label me, that's fine. Cracks me up. H aha.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
being frank, open, and honest about Petersons
This interview from last year, after a bit of bio does just that.
Despite my being a “fan boy“ I see the faults (hopefully past) as I believe current management does.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
If people want to label me, that's fine. Cracks me up. H aha.
Peterheads, nerds, zombified fans ----- what labels are left? Don't answer that!!!! :)

I assume these zealots are out there, lol, not doubting you a bit, but not seeing that so far in this thread of simple peace, love and affection (Krishna, Krishna - coming soon to rural Missouri!).

Have a great Friday and a great weekend! I've got to pick/pack a 4AB for later!

Peterheads, nerds, zombified fans ----- what labels are left? Don't answer that!!!! :)

I assume these zealots are out there, lol, not doubting you a bit, but not seeing that so far in this thread of simple peace, love and affection (Krishna, Krishna - coming soon to rural Missouri!).

Have a great Friday and a great weekend! I've got to pick/pack a 4AB for later!
All it takes is for one person to say that their new Peterson sucks, maybe a bad drilling, and people will show their true colors. Sure, sure, everyone is acting all nicey nicey while everyone is posting nice words about them, but... just one post, and DOGPILE!!!

I think most of the haters have learned that it just doesn't do anything positive to post on these type of threads. Just like you can't make a Deadhead realize that once they go through some rehab, sober up, and stop taking drugs that the music that they listen to sounds like someone dragging a dozen bicycles and a few farm animals behind a truck.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
All it takes is for one person to say that their new Peterson sucks, maybe a bad drilling, and people will show their true colors. Sure, sure, everyone is acting all nicey nicey while everyone is posting nice words about them, but... just one post, and DOGPILE!!!

I think most of the haters have learned that it just doesn't do anything positive to post on these type of threads. Just like you can't make a Deadhead realize that once they go through some rehab, sober up, and stop taking drugs that the music that they listen to sounds like someone dragging a dozen bicycles and a few farm animals behind a truck.

You mean behind a train! Never was a big "Dead" fan, but know many and they are passionate!

Yea, but what do you really think?
I could go on... and on... ha ha . Their lyrics are like each word was selected at random from a word generator... "A leaf of all colors plays a golden-string fiddle to a double-e waterfall over my back..." And, I had a roommate in college who ONLY ever listened to the Dead. I eventually went to a concert, where I could watch drug users rob each other, pick pockets, scammers, every toilet in the place looked like animals had been using it for weeks, and selling things like carrot juice everywhere (blech)... and they all thought this was paradise, ha ha ha.

But, back to pipes...

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
My Peterson, I really don't know about the P lip yet and the way it delivers flavor, but I like this shape.
Midnight Ride XL315.jpg

And I really like their spigots, especially their Newgrange, think the blast is a lot better on this one than on my relative cheap System Standard.

Newgrange Spigot.jpg

Like remarked by @craig61a their finishes on smooths are quite lackluster, waaaaaaaay to dark for a smooth for me. To me kills the grain or birdseye.