PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I am always happy to hear about a new purchase by a member and so I hope that it smokes great for you and, as Anthony used to say, enjoy the heck out of it. For me it is much too small. I got burned by the Peterson Carroll series as well as the small calabash. Could not buy another. And, while it is pure aesthetics, i think that the rustication is a real step back for Laudisi/peterson. It looks, to me anyway, like the old Peterson use a screwdriver type of rustication.

lvacgar

Lurker
Feb 27, 2015
Sarasota, Florida
The Peterson Bard became available today.

Peterson's Bard series derives its name from the borrowed Irish word for poet and oral storyteller, and it comprises a range of rare demi-Churchwarden designs that honor the historic tavern pipes once smoked by countless storytellers across Europe's public houses.

I stayed up late last night watching NBA playoffs and ordered this Bard 68 Rusticated before going to bed. With the VIP Bronze 5% off, it was only $91.20
View attachment 140834
  • Length: 7.12 in./180.85 mm.
  • Weight: 2.20 oz./62.37 g.
  • Bowl Height: 1.94 in./49.28 mm.
  • Chamber Depth: 1.46 in./37.08 mm.
  • Chamber Diameter: 0.81 in./20.57 mm.
  • Outside Diameter: 1.66 in./42.16 mm.

There will be those that say the Bard is ugly and they won't buy it. Others, will like it and add to their collection.

Whether you like it or not, what are your thoughts about the Bard?
I think you bought that one right out of my cart! I sat on the idea for too long. The 68 was the only shape I liked. Enjoy!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
As today is Shakespeare’s birthday, I wish I had the funds to purchase one of these lovely pipes. I spent a good portion of my dissolute youth as an actor, some of which was performing the plays of the great bard at the San Diego Shakespeare Festival. I think Peterson’s Bard Series is a lovely idea.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I saw one pop up recently and decided to finally get one. I was saving it for the first real spring day to enjoy in my deck but also just found out more recently I’ll have to have a little extraction/implant so I may not be enjoying any bowls on my deck until fall, lol. Not waiting to try this pipe until October! I wanted a little smaller bowl in this one so went with an 03 and this is a nice little “hanger” - love the stem!!!!! After cleaning out the bowl (timed it, three minutes) I filled it up and literally sipping away - nice pipe! 7CB53A81-65FC-421B-8D78-7BE8C284B746.jpeg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I saw one pop up recently and decided to finally get one. I was saving it for the first real spring day to enjoy in mydeck but also just found out more recently I’ll have to have a little extraction/implant so I may not be enjoying any bowls on my deck until fall, lol. Not waiting to try this pipe until October! I wanted a little smaller bowl in this one so went with an 03 and this is a nice little “hanger” - love the stem!!!!! After cleaning out the bowl (timed it, three minutes) I filled it up and literally sipping away - nice pipe! View attachment 209464
Thanks for sharing! I’ve got a friend who is our local "bard." I’m thinking about getting one of these now to give to him on his 40th birthday next year.

This is a one time release, right? Or will they be making more of these?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Thanks for sharing! I’ve got a friend who is our local "bard." I’m thinking about getting one of these now to give to him on his 40th birthday next year.

This is a one time release, right? Or will they be making more of these?
I honestly don’t know. I thought it was kind of limited at the time and passed, and was surprised this one was there but it was new, not a NOS estate so maybe some inventory out there that trickles out or they are making a few from time to time.

Reactions: AroEnglish