Peterson St Patrick's Day 2023 Pipes at SP?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
You've got to remember a few things;

1. There were a combined total of 1200 sandblasts & smooths made. There were about 2,000 rusticated blasts.
2. SPD pipes, like most seasonally offered pipes, are lower grade/ entry level pipes. (Which is why most of the 3,200 made were rusticated)
3. A higher number of SPD pipes were made this year due to the 25th anniversary.
4. Those were divided between SPEU, SPC and any other retailers that ordered them.

Yesterday was only the first batch released, Sykes said more are coming. Most of us know it is standard practice at SPC to have 2-3 batches released over several weeks. Don't panic.
News all can use!

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
You've got to remember a few things;

1. There were a combined total of 1200 sandblasts & smooths made. There were about 2,000 rusticated blasts.
2. SPD pipes, like most seasonally offered pipes, are lower grade/ entry level pipes. (Which is why most of the 3,200 made were rusticated)
3. A higher number of SPD pipes were made this year due to the 25th anniversary.
4. Those were divided between SPEU, SPC and any other retailers that ordered them.

Yesterday was only the first batch released, Sykes said more are coming. Most of us know it is standard practice at SPC to have 2-3 batches released over several weeks. Don't panic.

Does anyone know when the smooth pipes will be on the market? Or where they are at if not already sold out. Tobacco Pipes listed 2 and they went right away.
See the quote above. I think the gentleman works for Peterson, or something, maybe SPC.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
I had the question about the smooth edition availability too. Actually posted it on another thread here.
Check the Peterson website, they have smooths available. I was very tempted but there’s another Pete I’m eyeing, sooooooo….. can’t have them all. At lease I can’t.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
See the quote above. I think the gentleman works for Peterson, or something, maybe SPC.
He doesn't but he is correct and there is a post from someone who does confirming that somewhere as well.

Actually, they released a few more last week so we'll see if more get released next week. I assume so.

One of mine should arrive Monday from Wilke and the rest? Allegedly over the Atlantic as I type.

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
If you're referring to me, I don't work for Peterson, Laudisi or SPC... although, if they're listing.... If they have a position, I'd give it serious consideration. :sher:
Ah, ok, based on what you wrote, I assumed you did.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
B42 arrived today. Bought it via Wilke and avoided the site issues. Enjoying some Wilke Gramercy Park at the moment. The stem is of Lestrade dimensions, so pretty healthy, but it hangs easily and draws great. Tried the Wilke fresh out of the bag and his can be juicy in a good way, but sipping nicely and nary a gurgle. Nice heft to this shape. FB278CDE-7F32-42EE-8C9E-84F8963395C9.jpeg

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
Uhhhhhhmmmmmm. Got mine yesterday. So, first, small print matters: one does NOT get the very cool tweed sock with the rusticated, only the numbered editions. Meh. And it wasn't even one of the nice leather Peterson socks but the thin and cheap ones. Okay, whatever. I like the pipe. It's the 221 shape. Feels good. Even the tricolor band is okay. Bit annoyed with the stamping: some of it is quite faint. I don't know...for a kind of interesting anniversary special pipe it needed to be stamped with all the fun stuff a bit more deeply, clearly. Not a terribly expensive pipe so, you know, okay. I'll get to smoking it after I feel better about purchasing it.

Reactions: FLDRD

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Bit annoyed with the stamping: some of it is quite faint.
My 2022 SPD pipe arrived last year with a very weak stamp. Some of the letters in Peterson were missing. It annoyed me so much, I sent it back for another asking SPC to verify a better stamp. I hate sending things back, but I would of been annoyed every time I looked at it.

221, nice shape BTW.

Historyguy311

Lurker
Jan 31, 2023
Northeast Ohio
Uhhhhhhmmmmmm. Got mine yesterday. So, first, small print matters: one does NOT get the very cool tweed sock with the rusticated, only the numbered editions. Meh. And it wasn't even one of the nice leather Peterson socks but the thin and cheap ones. Okay, whatever. I like the pipe. It's the 221 shape. Feels good. Even the tricolor band is okay. Bit annoyed with the stamping: some of it is quite faint. I don't know...for a kind of interesting anniversary special pipe it needed to be stamped with all the fun stuff a bit more deeply, clearly. Not a terribly expensive pipe so, you know, okay. I'll get to smoking it after I feel better about
Uhhhhhhmmmmmm. Got mine yesterday. So, first, small print matters: one does NOT get the very cool tweed sock with the rusticated, only the numbered editions. Meh. And it wasn't even one of the nice leather Peterson socks but the thin and cheap ones. Okay, whatever. I like the pipe. It's the 221 shape. Feels good. Even the tricolor band is okay. Bit annoyed with the stamping: some of it is quite faint. I don't know...for a kind of interesting anniversary special pipe it needed to be stamped with all the fun stuff a bit more deeply, clearly. Not a terribly expensive pipe so, you know, okay. I'll get to smoking it after I feel better about purchasing it.
You make a good point: Peterson’s stamping—particularly their name—has been stamped lightly on quite a few of my new pipes. I’m tempted to contact them and suggest they use more care. Yeah…the rusticated 2023 St. P’s pipes are really nothing fancy. I liked my 120 enough that I also ordered a 150. I paid $91 each from SP. I think at that price it’s a good buy: nice stem, nice tri-color band. Since they’re really not anything special I won’t feel guilty smoking them. Hope you enjoy your 221 👍🏻

Reactions: CallMeSangy