PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Thats a great choice. No. 221 correct? I was checking that one out. I really like the wave pattern too.
That is correct sir. I was initially perusing the 314's, well, actually most all of them, but didn't see anything overly special in that shape or others I prefer, and realized that I don't think I actually have a 307. And, well, you know, a man can't be without a 307...

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Ok, so is it actually a Peterson Pipe Notes annual pipe?? This year will be my first.
No this pipe is a special Peterson anniversary pipe. It is not the Pipe of the Year (POTY) but a special commemerative pipe put out directly from the factory.

PPN stands for Peterson Pipe Notes which is a blog for Peterson aficionados. CPG, is the initials you may see for a Certified Pete Geek. (A title earned and bestowed by the PPN publisher Mark Irwin)

Last year, PPN put out its first annual pipe. We've got several other exclusive items such as lighters and tampers that are offered through the site similarly to PSOI (Pipe Smokers of Ireland).

Hope that helps clear things up for you.

PXL_20231019_160821712.jpg
PXL_20231019_160800874.jpg

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
That is correct sir. I was initially perusing the 314's, well, actually most all of them, but didn't see anything overly special in that shape or others I prefer, and realized that I don't think I actually have a 307. And, well, you know, a man can't be without a 307...
Your logic is flawless. Congratulations on an awesome pipe.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
No this pipe is a special Peterson anniversary pipe. It is not the Pipe of the Year (POTY) but a special commemerative pipe put out directly from the factory.

PPN stands for Peterson Pipe Notes which is a blog for Peterson aficionados. CPG, is the initials you may see for a Certified Pete Geek. (A title earned and bestowed by the PPN publisher Mark Irwin)

Last year, PPN put out its first annual pipe. We've got several other exclusive items such as lighters and tampers that are offered through the site similarly to PSOI (Pipe Smokers of Ireland).

Hope that helps clear things up for you.

View attachment 254503
View attachment 254502
Sorry, you misunderstood because I guess I'm sort of mixing threads. I got an anniversary pipe, as pictured. But I'm also on the list for the Pete "Geek" or Pete "Nerd" pipe - and I was trying to figure out which it is actually called. As organized by the Peterson Pipes Notes blog............ And yeah, I also got a recent Pipe of the Year (Rua). So I'm a Geeky Nerd too.
Where's my damn certificate? And get off my lawn!

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
So I received my 125th Anniversary pipe (model 307; #221/330) and while it is not the "typical" type of blast that I drool over, it is unique enough that I appreciate it, and I think it's better looking in hand than in the original pics. I've taken some of my own to see if I can convey the beauty to you here. I'll be keeping it.

1698161551998.png

1698161594083.png

1698161624812.png

Chalaw87

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2021
Northeast TN
Reactions: Tate and FLDRD

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
I saw 86/330 a 314 shape listed on SP about one hour into January the 4th. As tired eyed as I was, certainly I hadn’t seen it previously listed. I’ve been scanning the 125th anniversary’s regularly and it instantly caught my eye. I wasn’t about to sleep on it and quickly snatched it up. I can’t help but think it was a return that finally made its way back onto the site. Anyone reading this send back a 314?

I’ll post pics when it arrives.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I saw 86/330 a 314 shape listed on SP about one hour into January the 4th. As tired eyed as I was, certainly I hadn’t seen it previously listed. I’ve been scanning the 125th anniversary’s regularly and it instantly caught my eye. I wasn’t about to sleep on it and quickly snatched it up. I can’t help but think it was a return that finally made its way back onto the site. Anyone reading this send back a 314?

I’ll post pics when it arrives.
I've never let go of a 314 yet.