PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I find occasional gurgle mildly entertaining... am I alone in this?

But to answer the question --

Do you ever wake up in the night needing to pee, and have difficulty deciding whether to embrace the temporary unpleasantness of going to the bathroom in exchange for the longer term pleasantness of sleeping with an empty bladder? You can avoid the temporary unpleasantness of going to the bathroom, but then you struggle to fall back asleep over a full bladder.

Well, that is very much how I feel upon realizing that I packed my bowl too tightly. I sit there dithering about whether to dump and reload, or draw 3x harder to make it work.

That is my peeviest of pipe peeves.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Well, that is very much how I feel upon realizing that I packed my bowl too tightly. I sit there dithering about whether to dump and reload, or draw 3x harder to make it work.

That is my peeviest of pipe peeves.
One way I learned how to do a proper load was to test the draw after loading. Not that I don't sometimes forget, but so far it's worked.

Reactions: Briar Lee and SBC

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
While minor, I suppose, it always bothers me in some small corner of my being when I am sitting with my pipe, smoke curling up to the heavens, and some one comes up and says something to the effect of, "Oh, you smoke a pipe?" Duh! It makes me want to throw it across the room and yell, "How did that get there?" Just old and cranky In guess.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
While minor, I suppose, it always bothers me in some small corner of my being when I am sitting with my pipe, smoke curling up to the heavens, and some one comes up and says something to the effect of, "Oh, you smoke a pipe?" Duh! It makes me want to throw it across the room and yell, "How did that get there?" Just old and cranky In guess.
Here’s Your Sign

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
These are all very first world "problems".

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.