Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Cheese and a baguette. (specific cheese varies with mood)

Rare pan fried duck breast. Great for a meal and leftover makes amazing sandwiches.

Good chocolate in so many ways.

Reactions: woodsroad

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Homemade guacamole, pico de gallo, salsa, hummus, and babaganoush. Delicious and healthy, which makes them damn near perfect in my book.
A good chicken biryani is up there for me too, albeit not so healthy.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
You mean those little green things that tastes like cat piss? Never figured out where to used them. I guess some type of cold fish disk like poached salmon, maybe.
Capers are wonderful to have in the pantry and add a pop of mustard like flavor (as capers are pickled Mediterranean flower buds). I always have some on hand.

Excellent with lemon, these tasty morsels add a burst of flavor to various dishes like chicken/veal picatta, salmon, pasta Puttanesca, and Greek flair.

Smoked salmon and lox is my favorite breakfast/brunch meal, on a bagel with cream cheese, diced onion, and tomato slices (minced hard boiled egg is optional). And smoked salmon cream cheese is a decent substitute.

Here is a lightly smoked salmon filet with dill and lemon pepper cream cheese, diced onion and capers.

20240324_153727.jpg

Last edited:

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Connecticut, USA
Capers are wonderful to have in the pantry and add a pop of mustard like flavor (as capers are pickled Mediterranean flower buds). I always have some on hand.

Excellent with lemon, these tasty morsels add a burst of flavor to various dishes like chicken/veal picatta, salmon, pasta Puttanesca, and Greek flair.

Smoked salmon and lox is my favorite breakfast/brunch meal, on a bagel with cream cheese, diced onion, and tomato slices (minced hard boiled egg is optional). And smoked salmon cream cheese is a decent substitute.

Here is a lightly smoked salmon filet with dill and lemon pepper cream cheese, diced onion and capers.

View attachment 330589
I was going to the store for odds and ends but now I'm going to get and make something similar to the above for dinner tonight and getting bagels for breakfast tomorrow a.m. Yes, I have no will power when it comes to great food ... and Lemon/pepper was on my list anyway !!! I may just have to look at this thread to plan my meals from now on !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Langer’s #19. It’s the only sandwich that makes me smile when I bite into it. Every time.
Reuben sandwiches.
Dim sum, particularly shumai
Carrot cake
Dark chocolate, particularly Côte d’Or
Lamb biryani
Sopapillas at Tia Sophia in Santa Fe
Chile rellenos
My turkey chili
Manhattan clam chowder
Swordfish
Salmon
Fresh caught trout cooked in a cast iron skillet