Demi Glacé.
Triple cream cheese.
Triple cream blue cheese.
Donuts.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
anything after a long ass hike through the woods. Trail dust is the single best seasoning in the world.
We used to do a lot of backcountry canoeing, lake tripping. We'd be out for two weeks at a time, sometimes two trips back to back. I can't agree with you more. Our favorite foods on a trip would be disgusting at home: Mac and cheese from a box with canned chicken added in. Freeze-dried lasagna (great for breakfast!). In the rain. I always thought though that it was the dining facilities that made it all so good. Same with resting my bare butt on a mossy log first thing in the morning: The Most Beautiful bathroom in the World!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Since I quite eating all simple carbs including sugar, flour, pasta, around the first of the year, also meat, except for some fish, and eggs, I am finding the taste of fruit to be much more enjoyable. I compensate with nuts or fruit instead of other snacks.
Peanut Butter is at the top of my 'perfect foods' list.
I remember my Grandmother toasting a thick slice of homemade white bread on the wood stove's top back in around 1953 in norther ME and it was heavenly.
My mom IS a hellava baker and all 'round cook. Her "Monkey Faced" cookies, a spiced cookie with raisins and sometimes walnuts were only one of her regular bakes for our family of 7 children.
My Dad was a regular bacon and egg guy and I too made that my first meal of the day for many a day.
I've come to realize that an apple is pretty darned perfect.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
We used to do a lot of backcountry canoeing, lake tripping. We'd be out for two weeks at a time, sometimes two trips back to back. I can't agree with you more. Our favorite foods on a trip would be disgusting at home: Mac and cheese from a box with canned chicken added in. Freeze-dried lasagna (great for breakfast!). In the rain. I always thought though that it was the dining facilities that made it all so good. Same with resting my bare butt on a mossy log first thing in the morning: The Most Beautiful bathroom in the World!
mid mid state trail is the only time I thoroughly enjoyed a plain can of tuna.

Reactions: woodsroad