People Who Correct You Incorrectly

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Unfortunately it's not just armchair warriors. When it's reached the point where 7 police officers forcefully arrest a crying 16 year old autistic girl for a "hate crime" because she made an offhand remark saying that one of the female officers looked like her "lesbian nana", you know we've reached a dangerous point of total batshit crazy insanity in the western world.

When my oldest daughter was in high school, she worked as a steak house waitress. A coworker shoved her so hard one night that she broke every glass on the tray that she was carrying and ended up in the floor. She decided to call the police, and the police told her that just being shoved did not equal assault. So, my logically minded daughter asked the officer if she shoved him, would that be assault on an officer. So, he arrested my daughter for threatening assault.

This is why it irks me to no end when someone takes apart someone else's sentences and makes them into something else that makes themself look like a victim. Actually, it pisses me off. It is wrong on so many levels, and it happens frequently on here.

We got witnesses at the restaurant to back my daughter's story and the cop let her go. But, it still makes me angry to think about it.

Think about what the person is actually saying before you get butthurt.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Unfortunately it's not just armchair warriors. When it's reached the point where 7 police officers forcefully arrest a crying 16 year old autistic girl for a "hate crime" because she made an offhand remark saying that one of the female officers looked like her "lesbian nana", you know we've reached a dangerous point of total batshit crazy insanity in the western world.

And people wonder why I said what I said.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
come on the use of the "it was just a quote" excuse is nonsense. You wouldn't even attempt it if the the "quote" so glibly reproduced evidenced racial or ethnic prejudice rather than misogny.
It's simply a quote, delivered by a female who was my wife, who was describing her behavior toward me during our marriage, which consisted largely of her constantly correcting me, so also a direct tie-in to the topic. So no not nonsense, actually germane, as is yours in an ironic sense, though patronizing in your defense of the "little wimens" as well as dismissive.
Are you also a swami, able to read my mind and intent? Because, that part of your response is nonsense, but more indicative of your prejudices than anything else. Please don't project your crap onto me.

I am harassed and tortured psychologically, by the Google translator. I think my fellow forum members think I am a specter back in time. Some kind of a doughnut machine from the 30's that makes rusty squeaking sounds. View attachment 243475
I ALWAYS enjoy your posts. I totally understand, and when I used to be on the French pipe smokers forum, I imagine I sounded the same way to them, ha ha.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
B
As an undergrad, we used to have a campus DJ who would start his morning program with "The sun is shining on you and I, today." And, this drove my English 101 professor nutso. He went over to correct this guy, and the next day, he changed it to, "You and me are in the sunshine, today." Grammar Nazis are fun to watch stroke out, ha ha.
But as Hayden Fry said back in the day, “The sun doesn’t shine on the same dog’s rump every day.” I’m enjoying a “high porch picnic” right now, lol.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Two years trying to learn the war pipes. More time required to learn than I was willing to invest. I have way too much admiration for successful pipers than to equate smoking, a simple task, to playing the pipes, any of the pipes. Smokers are simply that ... smokers no matter how they try to soften the image. Pipers serve a purpose, hate 'em or luv 'em, as they provide entertainment, background and, in many cases, pride. Smokers? Well, we just provide for ourselves in most cases. I added "in most cases" for those of you who can't handle the truth. rotf

Jan 27, 2020
I use to have this eBay customer in Germany many moons ago named Knut. The postal clerk at the time was a rather funny fellow with some edge and he'd always say real loud something like "oh, another package for that Knut!" I would chuckle but the othe people behind me were more annoyed about all my packages he needed to process to give a flying Knut.