PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not a meme but an observation: I went to the drugstore today to pick up four prescriptions for my wife. I put on a surgical mask we'd gotten on a hospital visit, blue medical gloves, and pocketed a few alcohol swabs for the steering wheel and grocery cart. I scored some paper towels and milk, but the toilet paper shelves were long and empty. I told the pharmacist, who wasn't wearing any gear, that I hoped my gear was as silly as it looked, and he laughed. However, if it is not as silly as it looks ... that's not good. No one in the store or on the street had any gear at all.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
But we must not forget the weasels who have turned the land of opportunity into a regulatory jungle.

Yet, we have empowered these weasels through our obsession with perfect safety.
Weasels. That is starting to sound like a canard- maybe even a trope.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
I gave in to hysteria and bought 50lbs of rice and beans. When this is all done, I will be buying either 1 year of freeze dried food or a feeze dryer. I also bought some mylar bags and oxygen absorbers for long term storage.
20200403_135955.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I consider myself to be a person with a good sense of humor and it is a pretty sick one.
I find this thread to be disrespectful to all the people who have died and the ones that are going to.
During this time we find ourselves in a world crisis and I do recognize the need for some humor but this thread just hits me wrong.
Please continue if this is helping you and I judge no one who has posted on it.

I have to admit that my sense of humor has taken a bit of a hit lately as I worry about my kids who are out in the world and are at risk. Please continue and have some fun as I know humor is am important part of how we deal with stress.

Reactions: workman

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
I consider myself to be a person with a good sense of humor and it is a pretty sick one.
I find this thread to be disrespectful to all the people who have died and the ones that are going to.
During this time we find ourselves in a world crisis and I do recognize the need for some humor but this thread just hits me wrong.
Please continue if this is helping you and I judge no one who has posted on it.

I have to admit that my sense of humor has taken a bit of a hit lately as I worry about my kids who are out in the world and are at risk. Please continue and have some fun as I know humor is am important part of how we deal with stress.
Screenshot_20200403-153815_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JMcQ and shanez

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My bet is the rest of the world is going to be envious of Brazil once this is all over. Of course there's no guarantee it won't go horribly for them, but having one example of contrasting strategy could be highly valuable.

Nah, I can tell you right now what will be said if Brazil has no sickness or death any greater than ordinary flu season:

It was only because most of the rest of the world was in lockdown, and that's really what saved them...and they were just selfish and irresponsible and should be sanctioned for their horrible behavior.

The world is a power-worshiping cult. And like all cults, they do not question the machinations, motivations and intentions of those in authority over them and they have an explanation for every contradiction of their dogma.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.