PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
I'm trying very very hard to fend off pad. This Stanwell 19 is only $74. But I really don't "need" another pipe right now and I do also like those Mario Grandis. But damn this Stanwell
"Lord grant me the sanity..."
Stanwell
[Edit] the photo wouldn't come through so I changed it to a link. Lawrence

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Phil and Dudley did me in.
It's ordered.
I'm sure I can figure out a way to rationlize it to myself.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
It's ordered.
I'm sure I can figure out a way to rationlize it to myself.
It's for the purpose of knowing the difference between a new briar and an unsmoked cherrywood.
For your next purchase, you can buy an uncoated briar to compare the finer points. You could even rationalize buying an uncoated and coated at the same time. You can also use the wait time on the delivery to explain away all the "me time" you'll be spending in the garage making a new cherrywood in the meanwhile. You can further rationalize that "me time" and delivery anticipation can only be cured with a bottle of Knob Creek or something similarly nice.
Rationalizing can be fun. Expensive, too.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yes...yes I like your direction here.
I ahhh....am doing research. I didn't have a bent dublin and I want to make one. So this is a model and then I'll never have to buy another one because I'll make my own. Plus I bought it from a smal shop so i'm doing my part to support the pipe community. Oh and I like to eat Danishes, so I really should have a Danish pipe....
Ahhh...I'll think of more.
Thankfully the wife doesn't meddle in these affairs and in return I don't meddle in her shoe shopping.
So the only person I have to convince is myself. And I'm a pretty understanding guy. I think I can convince me.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Lawrence:
You mention hot models. You've hit on it. I fell victim to the Asian Stanwell Hottie.
This is Kevin's fault.
I've been victimized by advertising. Just like a cartonn Camel makes kids smoke. No choice. No personal accountability. We can't be expected to withstand this sort of pressure. It's irresponsible and I've been harmed.
Kevin: I won't be seeking any general damages for pain and suffering. Only my out of pocket expenses. The pipe was $74.97 plus $4 shipping. Please remit at your earliest convenience to avoid further legal action.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Finally caved to the Mario Grandi bug. I figured 2 pipes for 77 bucks is a decent deal and helps to take the sting out of the $15 shipping.
I don't have a brandy or a natural. So the one pipe covers both bases. Obviously the pick of the litter is the poker.
Both sitters too.
!BsuBP)QCWk~$(KGrHqYH-CwEvF4U2iG0BL5D3jGg3g~~_35.JPG

!BsuBR3QEWk~$(KGrHqEH-CsEvC!1JqmIBL5D3qnw6w~~_35.JPG

!BsuBT-wEWk~$(KGrHqQH-CgEvCCpCcRGBL5D3)mROg~~_35.JPG

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Finally caved to the Mario Grandi bug. I figured 2 pipes for 77 bucks is a decent deal and helps to take the sting out of the $15 shipping.
I don't have a brandy or a natural. So the one pipe covers both bases. Obviously the pick of the litter is the poker.
Both sitters too.

!BsuBR3QEWk~$(KGrHqEH-CsEvC!1JqmIBL5D3qnw6w~~_35.JPG

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Both sitters too.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Both sitters too.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Jones... they look great and based on my brief experience with MG pipes you won't be sorry. I've got to laugh reading this thread however, I have a couple friends in the program (AA) and if they operated like we do here all would be lost. LOL "My name is Jones and I have PAD"... Oh, what the hell Jones buy another. Drinks anyone! :) Enjoy

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Hee hee.
OK I have a problem. But hey a man's gotta live a little. And I really haven't spent that much.
I did sorta forget to mention this estate Johs I snagged at smokingpipes for $42.50.

I'm probably done for awhile except for a stray cheapy rehabber from ebay here and there.
Although my birthday is this month and I've begun to drop broad hints to my wife about Randy Wiley.

briarcub73

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Wow--those are some pretty awesome pictures, everyone! This is a(n, admittedly lousy) picture of my PAD purchase from the Chicago pipe show and I hope it didn't turn out *too* bad...

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Yeah there were 2 or 3 others. Just search Mario Grani on ebay. Some dipshits put bids on on some though rather than just buying. And some of them were over the initial Buy it Now price. Sold now i think. I think what's left right now for pokers are naturals. They will have more. The other couple that I saw last night we're nicer. Shank extensions and stuff. But I liked this one fine and think I'll actually enjoy the little brandy too. Wish it was a chubby billiard, but it's pretty close.
Mario doesn't seem to measure very well, so I'm only guessing; but I expect these are both over 5 under 6 inch pipes.
I got my Johs today from smokingpipes. What a fantastic pipe! Pretty much like new. One very small dark spot on inner rim. But not a mark on the stem. Beautifully polished and cleaned. Ready to smoke in a sock and box.
And man is it ever a cool pipe. Much better than the photo. A little relief carvin on the front of the bowl. Really comfortable. Wide open draw. Smoking it now and it's off to a very good start.
Excellent pipe for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.