PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I’ve never had any issues with tobacco orders from them, but pipes are a different story.

When they’ve had some outstanding deals on pipes I’ve placed orders and 60% of the time they’ve cocked it up. Either the wrong item, which by the time it arrives and is noticed, the item is sold out and no longer available, or I’m billed for the item and it’s not in the box.

Customer service is hit or miss... and the last I had to deal with them it was mostly miss. They don’t respond to messages on their system. For items they hadn’t shipped but billed me for took several weeks to get a refund for.

A few years back the customer service people I dealt with were pretty good. They must have gotten fed up and left...

Reactions: tomnernas2ndson

tomnernas2ndson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Nebraska
I had 10 plus orders arrive with no problem. Then, in the last 6 months, issues. The first was an order for several tins of St. Charles, which I paid for, and was contacted a week later and advised they ran out of stock. The second was recently when I ordered a few bags of Admirals Choice. I was supposed to get free Sutliff Leather pouches with them. The tobacco arrived but not the pouches. I called them several times during the week, only to be told they were temporarily closed. I also filled out the customer contact form, and never received a reply over 2 weeks. It was disheartening as I had good luck. I'll give them one more week to resolve the issues then move on. I ordered instead from the Storytellers Pipe, and received everything I wanted at a lower price. I'll see how it all pans out.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
For a couple of years the only thing I have purchased from PC has been BJ Long pipe cleaners and Obidsian Stem Oil Cleaner.

PC has best price on the BJ Long Tapered 80 count and 100 Tapered fluffy cleaners. In the last few weeks I saw they had a sale on a IM Corona Piepmaster I had not seen before. It was a silver unit with a BurlWood piece on the front of it.Normal price was 170 or so. I saw they had one for 113.00 when I ordered my 20 packs each of fluffy and bristle cleaners I ordered it at the same time as the pipe cleaners and was surprised when the lighter was not in the same package.

I gave it a week or so and it finally showed up in fine condition. A week later I got the urge to buy another as they listed only one left. It only took maybe 5 days for the next one to show. It was packaged fine and it still only showed one left. I looked around the web for another week or so and only found one other and it was 170 something. I took a look at PC and they still had one listed at 113.00 so I just grabbed it figuring the Pipmasters could go the way of the dodo fairly soon. I have no plans on selling any, I just have a lighter fetish.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Through the years I haven't had problems with P&C but I have never bought a pipe from them either. Frankly I feel that their pipe retail efforts are dreadful. Their photos are nearly useless. I have been most pleased with their loose tobacco sales as I have never had one go back order and shipping is a near non issue for a ziplock of tobacco.

I highly encourage forum members to look to the left section of your browser and click one of the sponsors. They are good and helpful and I won't shop anywhere else....................................................was that it? Is that what I was supposed to say?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
I have an order "processing" on their site currently. 8 of 9 tins arrived fine but one is back ordered. Appropriate emails about "will ship remaining one when available" etc... I'm checking weekly and as long as the order reflects "processing" I'm OK with it. This is the 1st time it's happened in 8ish orders so not like every other shipment is messed up to me at least.
Got the back ordered tin all OK so I'm still satisfied.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I have placed MANY orders with P&C and only had 1 issue which i actually just got off the phone with customer service (1 tin of Ripe Honeydew) but overall have been happy with their prices and selection. Actually i have even had a few orders work out in my favor with extra items in box that were either gifts or a bank error in my favor:)

Have done business with some of the other tobacco retailers (SP, TP, Storytellers Pipe, Boswells, Buy For The Guy, Just For Him, Etc.) and they are all good in my book, but the majority of my orders are with P&C and will continue to buy from and recommend them without question. Issues can arrise from ANY online retailer and accidents happen from time to time and am sorry to hear so many people have had issues as this is a tight knit community and repeat purchases are critical to businesses like this.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PC regularly comes up with some great deals on blends and pipes, and even when things are not on sale, they are extremely price competitive. I visit their site regularly and often at least window shop their emails. I do occasionally find some pages with many items all "out of stock," but mostly they keep up with their site and keep it fresh.

Reactions: FurCoat and edger

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I know it is hard to believe now, but at one time PC was my go to source for tobacco. They had the best inventory and prices. Then the owner I believe was named Scott sold his operation to Cigars International. Then the place became a useless bag of shit. Their delivery was pathetic. Their shipping became a joke. Boxes barely sealed, dented tins slow delivery times. It was like night and day compared to how good they were,
The scumbags lost my entire history which I relied on to keep track of what I was buying,.

Their inventory turned to shit, their buyers or buyer knew nothing about was popular or desired and they became useless to me. The only thing I buy from them are BJ Long pipe cleaners for 2 bucks a pack for the Tapered Bristle and Tapered Fluffy. Last time I ordered there was a IM Corona Pipemaster they had a great price so I bought it. They sent the pipe cleaners and then with no communication the lighter showed up 2 weeks later. They kept that price on the lighter at 113.00 and it had a retail of 185.00. A week later I saw the lighter at the same price so I got another. I ended up buying 4 of them in total, one for each kid when I croak. They all came within a couple of weeks and I couldn't have care less as I had plenty of lighters. Here is a pic of the lighter I bought 4 of. '

Reactions: elasmo

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I purchased 17x tins from P&C on Wednesday, it shipped on Thursday, and the box just landed on my doorstep today - Saturday. I've had nightmarish experiences in the past with the way they've packed my orders, which have been many, and until the clearance sale this week I was resolved to never order from them again.

Well...I'm happy to report that the package that arrived today was packed better than any order I've placed in the past 10 years -- from any retailer. Tins were in bubble-wrapped pouches, plenty of air pillows to fill the box, etc. No complaints at all. Very happy.
Maybe they are reading this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.