Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I was meaning to try Conspiracy before it was discontinued. Let us know your thoughts on it!
Just now trying Conspiracy. It’s alright. Definitely not the best vanilla blend I’ve had, but it’s a nice mellow smoke. Had it been a blind taste test, I would have been able to guess it as a Cult blend. That same underlying sweet note that all their blends seem to have. And I’m getting ZERO Latakia. If it’s in there, it must only be about a teaspoon or so.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Just now trying Conspiracy. It’s alright. Definitely not the best vanilla blend I’ve had, but it’s a nice mellow smoke. Had it been a blind taste test, I would have been able to guess it as a Cult blend. That same underlying sweet note that all their blends seem to have. And I’m getting ZERO Latakia. If it’s in there, it must only be about a teaspoon or so.
Ah well it seems like a decent but not must have smoke from what you’re saying. What would you say is a better version of it?

Professor Moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2023
United States
There are some tins in my cellar which I purchased from various pipe shops in the early nineties--mostly virginia/oriental blends, of which I was fond in my youth. Among them are eight assorted McClellands. I popped this tin a week ago, and moved it into a mason jar. After 33 years, it was still damp (feels more oily than wet), so I dried it out a little to burn better. A good smoke.

"McClelland Oriental Mixtures are made from the finest, delicately sweet Virginia and Carolina leaf blended by hand and carefully seasoned with rich Latakia and rare, naturally aromatic Turkish and Greek tobaccos."

1710086214923.jpeg

1710086239883.jpeg
1710086283827.jpeg
1710086372764.jpeg
1710086443647.jpeg

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
There are some tins in my cellar which I purchased from various pipe shops in the early nineties--mostly virginia/oriental blends, of which I was fond in my youth. Among them are eight assorted McClellands. I popped this tin a week ago, and moved it into a mason jar. After 33 years, it was still damp (feels more oily than wet), so I dried it out a little to burn better. A good smoke.

"McClelland Oriental Mixtures are made from the finest, delicately sweet Virginia and Carolina leaf blended by hand and carefully seasoned with rich Latakia and rare, naturally aromatic Turkish and Greek tobaccos."

View attachment 294765

View attachment 294766
View attachment 294767
View attachment 294768
View attachment 294770
Sounds and looks heavenly! I wonder if the Latakia in it is Syrian.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Robert McConnell Red Virginia. A recent production tin. New to me. The tobacco stays lit with a little drying and gentle sipping. I get buttery sweetness, dried fruit, some maltiness and an unsweetened latte aftertaste. Unless it's in the dried fruit flavor and a slight spiciness, the perique is almost notional. Zero bite and no roughness. My dull palate can't tell the difference between this and Solani 633, another K&K VaPer that I like, but from recollection it seems milder. View attachment 289806View attachment 289807 Even without age, this is an excellent smoke.

If you happen to be seeing this post on IPSD 2024, a 1.75mg tin is very inexpensive on SP.

I have a tin or two from when they were square tins, found it enjoyable. ….now to find a tin in the cellar…

Reactions: BenMN and dunnyboy