PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
How does it taste compared to fresh?
I had to think for a while to answer your question, @AroEnglish . I never got much from reading blend reviews and I certainly cannot write one. But here it goes:

Think of the blend fresh and remove all grassy tones (not that there are much, if any, to start with in this blend). Then, increase the intensity of all other flavors, maybe by a factor of two. Now, think of a wine with a thick body, such as a burgundy or a Bordeaux. Get a big barrel that has been emptied of said wine a few days ago, just enough to let it dry, and smoke the pipe inside. That's the closest I can think of. If you retrohale, there is also an increased peppery feeling to it. This wine-y (?) characteristic is somewhat fleeting and disappears gradually as the blend dries. I keep the tobacco in its original tin and try to smoke it all in less than two weeks. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I had to think for a while to answer your question, @AroEnglish . I never got much from reading blend reviews and I certainly cannot write one. But here it goes:

Think of the blend fresh and remove all grassy tones (not that there are much, if any, to start with in this blend). Then, increase the intensity of all other flavors, maybe by a factor of two. Now, think of a wine with a thick body, such as a burgundy or a Bordeaux. Get a big barrel that has been emptied of said wine a few days ago, just enough to let it dry, and smoke the pipe inside. That's the closest I can think of. If you retrohale, there is also an increased peppery feeling to it. This wine-y (?) characteristic is somewhat fleeting and disappears gradually as the blend dries. I keep the tobacco in its original tin and try to smoke it all in less than two weeks. Hope this helps.
It certainly helped me salivate. Thanks for the thoughts! It sounds absolutely delightful.

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Robert McConnell Red Virginia. A recent production tin. New to me. The tobacco stays lit with a little drying and gentle sipping. I get buttery sweetness, dried fruit, some maltiness and an unsweetened latte aftertaste. Unless it's in the dried fruit flavor and a slight spiciness, the perique is almost notional. Zero bite and no roughness. My dull palate can't tell the difference between this and Solani 633, another K&K VaPer that I like, but from recollection it seems milder. IMG_7546.jpegIMG_7547.jpeg Even without age, this is an excellent smoke.

If you happen to be seeing this post on IPSD 2024, a 1.75mg tin is very inexpensive on SP.

Last edited:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest