PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Watch City has a really sassy disclaimer, or statement on the website now.. It is really off putting. I was going to place an order and after reading that I just went ahead and rolled the dice with P&C.

Prices are better there anyway.

The tone of this is just too much.. and it doesn't even apply to me.

Wow. I just read it. Kind of full of themselves.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Watch City has a really sassy disclaimer, or statement on the website now.. It is really off putting. I was going to place an order and after reading that I just went ahead and rolled the dice with P&C.

Prices are better there anyway.

The tone of this is just too much.. and it doesn't even apply to me.

My state charges about 65% tax so buying at a B&M store is pretty much out of the question.

I think they are also attempting to get people to direct their attitudes and complaints to the correct fraudsters - the guv'ment officials who need to be ousted.

Your answer to 1984 is 1776...

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
Haha, that is hilarious to read... don't know whether to cry or to laugh about it, or actually I laughed. Never seen such an annoyed disclaimer written for customers. You can sense the frustration built up for too long to the point of disgust, and then this guy sat down and spilled it out in this text :ROFLMAO: But yes, off putting tone

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
And if the content is stated as tobacco it is the responsibility of the receiving postal service to calculate a customs bill to be sent to the recipient in order to get the parcel. If customs randomly choose items to check, I think that is more a question of spotting packages that has not stated the correct content, which is unlikely the case of buying from the established tobacco retailers.
Everything is stated as it should be: tobacco products. After that, it depends upon how your country processes it. Canada chooses to not apply it to each and every package. Imagine all the paperwork! I know for Germany, I have seen youtube pipe smokers who have ordered tobacco online and they seem to say that they didn't have to pay duty everytime either.

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
Everything is stated as it should be: tobacco products. After that, it depends upon how your country processes it. Canada chooses to not apply it to each and every package. Imagine all the paperwork! I know for Germany, I have seen youtube pipe smokers who have ordered tobacco online and they seem to say that they didn't have to pay duty everytime either.
Interesting, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it works in my country. But here in Sweden they probably use the extra taxes they collect from imposing a solid system of checking each and every package to pay salaries for all the extra work it entails, :ROFLMAO:

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
My state charges about 65% tax so buying at a B&M store is pretty much out of the question.

I think they are also attempting to get people to direct their attitudes and complaints to the correct fraudsters - the guv'ment officials who need to be ousted.

Your answer to 1984 is 1776...

I know. But he says if you complain you'll be flagged for an audit, because you're stupid.

Talking shit to your customers is rarely the way to go.. I've tried it myself.

Indeed that is the answer, complaining to the proper people. Those flavored tobacco laws are out of control.

Reactions: Kobold and FLDRD