One Year, Only One Brand Blender -- Which?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
It’s a toss up for me between Mac Baren, Gawith Hoggarth, and Hearth and Home. They are all so unique that it’s hard to decide between them.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Tough question for me. My favourite all day smoke is Dunhill (soon will be Peterson's) Elizabethan Mixture, but as I do not quite enjoy their other blends, I'd probably stick to Cornell & Diehl to have a wider palette.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I only occasionally buy some non-C&D blend, recently being Old Dark Fired. But, it's pretty much all C&D as they have what I like at the prices I like.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll stick with C&D, but I could coast with my Dunhill, Seattle Pipe Club, Home and Hearth, or McClellan blends, choosing one for the year. Peter Stokkebye would be another possible choice, a nice array at moderate prices.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
GLP, hands down. I'm surprised to see only 2 picks for his blends.
I was also surprised not to see this name come up more. It was a tough choice for me between GLP and Rattray's. I thought many more people would be on the GLP train on this thread.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GLP does some beautiful blends, some a little milder than I'm used to, and burley not as often as I'd like, but an amazing touch, real artistry.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Samuel Gawith. This would not be difficult as these days I smoke St. James flake 90% of the time, a great Virginia flake with just enough Perique. After that being a V/P smoker then JF Germain & Son, the Best Brown Flake is good. Finally, between all the McClelland’s tobacco’s you could conceivably concoct nearly anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.