One Year, Only One Brand Blender -- Which?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, not a life sentence, just one year and you can only smoke one brand of blends, but you can smoke their whole menu of blends. Which do you choose?
I like so many. Everything from Daughters and Ryan, to Seattle Pipe Club, to Russ O.'s blends at PC and elsewhere, to Nat Sherman and Tabac-Manil Semis and so many more. But I think I could be pretty content, for the year, with only any of the many and various blends I especially enjoy from Cornell & Diehl. I've been enjoying them since they were just a tobacco blender located in Morganton, N.C. I think their move to Smoking Pipes has only expanded and deepened their perspective and expertise. They're on a roll, and I believe they could keep me contented for a year for sure. How about you? Which brand would serve your purposes, just one, for twelve months?

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I think I’m with you. C&D. They have something for my every mood. My straight VA days might take a hit. But overall I’d be OK. It’s not like I don’t appreciate Opening Night or Virginia Flake!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Easy choice. McClelland :lol:
Here in the real world though, I think at this point I would have to go with Rattray's. Their combination of amazing VA and Va/per blends, various delightful english offerings, and quality fun aromatics makes them very appealing for me.
My second choice would probably by G.L Pease, for the same reason.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Probably Peter Stokkebye just because that is one that I know and enjoy. I'm sure the above mentioned are spectacular as well. GL Pease would be another that I could survive on should I be limited to one blender.

Status
Not open for further replies.