PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I have a friend that wants to take me boar

I tried cedars for a while, but the convenience and speed of carbon are too appealing to me.

That's amazing to hear, man! I go to a range with a lot of trad guys and gals, I've seen many amazing bows, yours would fit right in.

I'm also an instinctive shooter, it's the only way I know how to shoot.
Used to String Walk too. Very accurate for known yardage. Good for Spring Turkey. But my fav thing to do was to walk the woods and toss a tennis ball as a target. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. After a while, your brain programs the distances. The “aiming” took place during the draw.

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
Had many recurves over the years. Used to hunt a 60lb Martin Mamba. Small gamed with my 52” Kodiak. Last bow was a 1967 Browning Nomad. If I tried to draw a 60lb recurve today I’d destroy the cartilage in my elbows!

Was an instinctive shooter after Fred Asbell. Even bird hunted. Lived it. Loved it.

Cedar arrows too! I was very much dedicated to Traditional Archery.
Very nice! I started shooting Easton Hunter XX75 aluminum arrows with my recurves to keep a traditional yet modern mix. Got some free 2117s to start practicing with, and then bought a dozen 2018s, and started building my own arrows. The squirrel pictured above was taken with a 55# Martin Dreamcatcher.

Reactions: kcghost

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
I have a friend that wants to take me boar

I tried cedars for a while, but the convenience and speed of carbon are too appealing to me.

That's amazing to hear, man! I go to a range with a lot of trad guys and gals, I've seen many amazing bows, yours would fit right in.

I'm also an instinctive shooter, it's the only way I know how to shoot.

View attachment 65652
Cool. What bows are they?

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Cool. What bows are they?
The left is a Bearpaw Navajo I believe, it's been a while. It's a #35 recurve which I used to start on.

The one on the right was a custom Whip by Toelke Bows. It's a #55 hybrid longbow. Dan actually asked for a scan of my hand so he could shape the grip to my palm, and he was spot on. Also had a 1 month turn around.

I just got my wife a Bob Lee take down recurve, but she's hiding it from me so I couldn't take a picture.

Reactions: JOHN72 and redz

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
The left is a Bearpaw Navajo I believe, it's been a while. It's a #35 recurve which I used to start on.

The one on the right was a custom Whip by Toelke Bows. It's a #55 hybrid longbow. Dan actually asked for a scan of my hand so he could shape the grip to my palm, and he was spot on. Also had a 1 month turn around.

I just got my wife a Bob Lee take down recurve, but she's hiding it from me so I couldn't take a picture.
Very nice! Sad news to hear of Bob Lee's recent passing, he was a legend.

• Sad
Reactions: NomadOrb

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Cash 3 (lotto), strip clubs and Little Debbie snacks.. those are my other passions.
Now that's a man whose got his priorities straight.
1.Win a lot of money without working for it. I like it! Unfortunately the odds are not entirely in your favor. Yet the logic of some ideas is not readily apparent to others. Pls.make a flat ,million dollar gift to the pipesmagazine Most Deservedly Indigent fund. As the administrator I promise not to steal too much.
2. Strip clubs. No doubt a man needs his eye candy.
3. Little Debbie Snacks have much to recommend them.
a. Price. Dirt cheap, they won't put a hurtin' on your wallet.
b. Available in every flea-picked convenience store coast-to-coast., which means of course that you can stock up and stuff your face here, and when you're out replenish your supply before you reach there.
c. Flavor: The choice ingredients and careful bakery crafting ensure that each Little Debbie's snack finds applause as it traverses the length of your digestive tract.

Overall a cohesive lifestyle strategy, with much to be admired! To you! my most judicious good sir.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
1.Win a lot of money without working for it. I like it! Unfortunately the odds are not entirely in your favor. Yet the logic of some ideas is not readily apparent to others. Pls.make a flat ,million dollar gift to the pipesmagazine Most Deservedly Indigent fund. As the administrator I promise not to steal too much.
b. Available in every flea-picked convenience store coast-to-coast., which means of course that you can stock up and stuff your face here, and when you're out replenish your supply before you reach there.
c. Flavor: The choice ingredients and careful bakery crafting ensure that each Little Debbie's snack finds applause as it traverses the length of your digestive tract.

Overall a cohesive lifestyle strategy, with much to be admired! To you! my most judicious good sir.

Thank you, sir. I've spent my life narrowing down what the good things consist of.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

I don't play the big lotto though.. Those odds are ridiculous. I play Cash 3 it's a three ball game. You play "straight, "box", or "straight/box".. like a dog track. The odds of winning straight are one in a thousand, the prize is $500 and there are 3 draws per day. so I win a couple times a year.

When I do win.. I swing the door open at home and tell my wife to turn off the stove and put on shoes! We all go out for a nice dinner. I tell my boy to think of something he wants at Wal-Mart and we all jump in the car to go celebrate. I may pick up a new pipe.. It's mostly just a nice moral boost, certainly worth the few bucks I piss away as we go.

Last year.. I won Cash 4 That's played the same, but the prize is $5000.. and the odds are much tougher. Now that was a party. Everybody got a bunch of new stuff!

Reactions: saltedplug

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I got really turned off by the odds of the Lotto, and to think of the stupendous profits going to the State is more than I can bear, but the odds of Cash 3 are so much better, and the ritual you've established when you win is a wonderful celebration. No wonder you like to play!

Dan-o$

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2021
Gardnerville, Nevada
I don't play the big lotto though.. Those odds are ridiculous. I play Cash 3 it's a three ball game. You play "straight, "box", or "straight/box".. like a dog track. The odds of winning straight are one in a thousand, the prize is $500 and there are 3 draws per day. so I win a couple times a year.

When I do win.. I swing the door open at home and tell my wife to turn off the stove and put on shoes! We all go out for a nice dinner. I tell my boy to think of something he wants at Wal-Mart and we all jump in the car to go celebrate. I may pick up a new pipe.. It's mostly just a nice moral boost, certainly worth the few bucks I piss away as we go.

Last year.. I won Cash 4 That's played the same, but the prize is $5000.. and the odds are much tougher. Now that was a party. Everybody got a bunch of new stuff!
i always play the same numbers, every loss increases the odds of a win supposedly lol...350 more years and it should work lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.