PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Well, I ended up taking about a month off of pipe smoking, due to the severe cold here in Wisconsin. But it's finally warming up, and I'm back at it! 42 degrees today, and I'm enjoying bowl some briar fox on my porch, sunbathing with a cup of coffee. Man it's good to be back!

Bowl 41
I missed your original post, but look forward to following your journey. The Weez is awesome, a mensch and a patron of the sciences by getting you going here with this new project.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I'll try to get more pictures of the coloring, as it's really starting to go now. But I did weigh it again, and this is after 46 bowls.

View attachment 69777
So it's gained 2 grams since new.
2 grams from 46 bowls is a lot more than I would have expected. I suppose the rate of increase would level off over time, as it is increasingly saturated with "stuff."?

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Do you aren’t smoking the Tinsky until this project is done?

I recently purchased a “translucent” meer from Altinay. Looking forward to seeing how it colors up, and may use this approach - the data/photos, not smoking it exclusively for a year.

Fantastic!

To get a somewhat true color of a Meerschaum using a phone camera

1. Shoot in natural (sun) light
2. Use a white sheet of paper as background (True white)
3. Take the exposure reading from the white paper (Touch the white paper image in your phone, to make it the focal point

this should show the true color of the Meerschaum to a large extent

Status
Not open for further replies.