Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm still here, just slowly chugging along. Bowl 78 is Carter hall. Been working 66 hour work weeks, trying to find more time to smoke. But the harder I work, the more I miss my pipe. And I only have a 7 minute commute to the factory, so that doesn't help.

PXL_20210514_172127313.jpg
PXL_20210514_172215840.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm still here, just slowly chugging along. Bowl 78 is Carter hall. Been working 66 hour work weeks, trying to find more time to smoke. But the harder I work, the more I miss my pipe. And I only have a 7 minute commute to the factory, so that doesn't help.

View attachment 79903
View attachment 79904
Only 78? I'm just lighting the 173rd smoke on one I bought last month.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
78 my least smoked pipe has more smokes then that. No wonder you can do one pipe a year. Here is hoping you get more time for smoking without any sacrifice in your lifestyle.
Yeah, I'm waiting for the weather still, terribly cold days, and long shifts at work make it hard. I'm not smoking nearly like I used to these days lol.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Well guys, as you could probably tell, this thread is dwindling away. I've decided to call it quits on this one. Before this project started, I talked to @weezell on the phone. He told me that this should be a fun thing, and to not make it seem like work. And that's pretty much what has been happening.

I think the reason I haven't been smoking the pipe as much, other than my long hours at work is the fact that I'm afraid to break it. Being afraid to break it, means not taking it with me everywhere I go. I mean, this pipe is a work of art, I'd feel terrible if it succumbed to the torture that my Grabow did. I don't want to feel that way with something like a damn pipe.

So this thread will end at 8 months, and only 95 bowls. The thing is practically still like new. I'll think of it as a special occasion type pipe And unless the brains behind this thread wants it back, its not going anywhere. I would actually be happy to send it back to Dave, someone who can truly appreciate this for what it is.

I feel defeated. But I know now that meerschaum is not for me. I like cheap briars and cobs.

I thank you all for following along during this very boring excursion.

I feel like a weight has lifted....

PXL_20210716_005351155.jpgPXL_20210716_005358367.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.