PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
The pipe arrived today, and wow was I shocked. After talking about meers with weezell for some time, he found the perfect specimen.
I've never smoked a meer before today, and was not expecting the weightlessness of the thing. It's the perfect size, beautifully carved, and just hangs from the jaw with no effort.

Nice! I remember the possibility of this challenge being discussed last year, so it is great to see you kick off again.

I don’t ever expect to own many pipes, but a Peterson System and Meerschaum are on my bucket list. I fully expect watching this thread will only add more fuel to the meer fire!

Reactions: weezell and chopper

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I’m very excited for this thread. My bet is that it will be cited in meerschaum colouring and cleaning threads for over a decade.

Reactions: weezell

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
What a fantastic thread! Weezell's the man!!! I'll be closely following your journey and look forward to updates.

Meers can gain their weight over time.
If this is the case, I may have to look at an additional stem and get a nice bent one. My pipe started new at 2.0 oz. and can't imagine clenching a 4 oz straight pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Love the commitment ?.
The look from people you encounter on a hike must be priceless ?
Mostly curiosity about what it's made of. Most have never seen a pipe, even more have never heard of meerschaum. I've got a few others I bought just to look at, but the skull was bought to smoke.?

Status
Not open for further replies.