PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
There's nothing to forgive, Edwin. ? I've enjoyed a pipe for 8 years now. I'm curious- which varieties of tobacco make up your personal blend "Coffee House Special"?

I've glanced at Milan's blends but have yet to take the plunge and order.
Hello supperthyme,

I start with their 'black gold' blend then i had them ad a topping of 'coffee bean oil' so that when you light up you can sell not only the blend, but fresh roasted coffee beans also, then i had then add espresso casing for the flavor.
This is not in their lists because it is something they make just for me.

Edwin

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Hello supperthyme,

I start with their 'black gold' blend then i had them ad a topping of 'coffee bean oil' so that when you light up you can sell not only the blend, but fresh roasted coffee beans also, then i had then add espresso casing for the flavor.
This is not in their lists because it is something they make just for me.

Edwin

Sounds absolutely delicious ? there are few things better than coffee and tobacco in the world.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Sounds absolutely delicious ? there are few things better than coffee and tobacco in the world.

What you said is true. I love my coffee and I love my pipe. That is why I had them develop this blend for me.
You can contact Renee at Milan and they might make the same blend for you. If they ask me about it I will give them my permission to do it. Though I may need to send them more 'coffee bean oil'. I think they were running low after the last 8oz bag of blend I had them make.
By the way, coffee bean oil is made from coffee beans so it has caffeine.
This gives me a kick first thing in the morning, that is why it is always my first pipe everyday.
If I can help with anything, just ask.

Edwin

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
What you said is true. I love my coffee and I love my pipe. That is why I had them develop this blend for me.
You can contact Renee at Milan and they might make the same blend for you. If they ask me about it I will give them my permission to do it. Though I may need to send them more 'coffee bean oil'. I think they were running low after the last 8oz bag of blend I had them make.
This gives me a kick first thing in the morning, that is why it is always my first pipe everyday.

Edwin
Welcome from Perth in Western Australia.

I think it is great that you have developed your own coffee blend for your morning smokes.

Do you just smoke your special coffee blend in the morning or do you also drink coffee with your pipe as well?

Welcome aboard! End of the journey? Screw that. If you're not yet eating a dirt sandwich the journey continues. Besides, you've only been smoking a pipe for 45 years, so you're still a beginner!
At a certain point, odds increase that some morning you're going to wake up dead. But I've given up predicting the future. I was going to retire at the beginning of this year and instead I'm working on three shows at Warner, and just started as Art Director of one of them. I'm not stepping down because some "OK Boomer" spouting brain donor wants to put me in a box. I'll go when I can't do the job, or no longer have the desire.
Thanks for the great lists! But, you forgot to include the children.

Sable, You are my HERO! LOL!

Knock 'em dead Brother!

Reactions: Edwin Weaver

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019

Edwin

Thank you, Edwin! I've actually thought about casing my burley with espresso before. Perhaps I'll try to whip up some homemade concoction to resemble your personal blend. ?

You seem to be a very kind and well-spoken gentleman, I'm glad you've decided to join the forum.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Welcome from Perth in Western Australia.

I think it is great that you have developed your own coffee blend for your morning smokes.

Do you just smoke your special coffee blend in the morning or do you also drink coffee with your pipe as well?

tobefrank,

I love my coffee and drink it from the time I get up until I go to bed, so of course I have a cup of coffee with my pipe. Though I usually do not drink while I am smoking but take breaks to drink my coffee.

Edwin

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Thank you, Edwin! I've actually thought about casing my burley with espresso before. Perhaps I'll try to whip up some homemade concoction to resemble your personal blend. ?

You seem to be a very kind and well-spoken gentleman, I'm glad you've decided to join the forum.
Supperthyme,

Thank you for you compliment. I guess my mother raised me well.

Edwin

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Welcome to the forum, Edwin ?
good morning supperthyme,
I sent you sort of instructions to make "Coffee House Special". Here are more complete instruction...
Actually, “Coffee House Special” is a way to liven up any blend.

You can take your favorite morning blend and liven it up with the “Coffee House Special” process. Sort of like Cavendish is a process for individual tobacco, “Coffee House Special” is a process for blends to enhance your enjoyment.

I liked smoking “Black Gold” first thing in the morning, so I used that blend to make my “Coffee House Special”.

I take 8oz of the blend and spread it out and add a “casing” of coffee or espresso flavoring (you can get the flavoring to use on tobacco at ‘Seedman’ or any other company that sell flavorings to be used on tobacco). After “casing” the tobacco well, I let it sit for at least half a day to absorb the flavoring.

Then I take a pinch of the tobacco and smoke it. I take a long, slow draw allowing it to roll around in my mouth and savor the taste. I should get all the tastes of the original blend along with a taste of coffee or espresso in the background.

If you are old like me and your taste buds are not what they used to be when you were young, get someone else to sample it. If they can taste the coffee or espresso, you are ready for the next step if not you may have to add another “casing” to your tobacco and let it sit another half day to absorb the flavoring.

Everything is subjective.

In the 50’s and 60’s (until I left home to live on my own in 1969) when my mother made food I did not like, she would tell me to hold my nose. It worked. Since I was not able to smell the food (okra or liver, or something else I didn’t like at the time) I was able to eat it. I still did not like it, but I was able to eat it (since in those days, I could not get up from the table until I ate everything on my plate).

The reverse is true. If something smells great, it tends to taste great.

That is why I add “coffee bean oil”, as a ‘topping’ to my “Coffee House Special” (if you do not understand what I mean by ‘Casing’ and ‘topping’, go to Tobacco University for their explanations). I add at most 1 ml of coffee bean oil (I dilute it in warm distilled water and use a 3 ml spray bottle, I use distilled water because I do not trust tap water after the problems in flint, Michigan water a few years back, if my memory serve me well – you can get the coffee bean oil at Eden Botanical in a 2 ml vial).

It does not add anything to the blend. After “topping” the tobacco I place it in a canister and close the lid.

The ‘coffee bean oil’ just adds smell so when you open the bag or canister (which is what I use to store all my tobaccos in) and when you light the blend in the pipe it adds smell to the ‘room note’. That smell gives you the idea of fresh brewed coffee while you draw on your pipe and if you have “cased” the blend well, you will even get a subtle taste of coffee in your mouth.

Now you have turned one of your favorite blends into a “Coffee House Special” morning smoke. Remember, ‘coffee bean oil’ has caffeine so this will add to your wake up.

I hope it works as well for you as it does for me. Enjoy!

Edwin

• Love
Reactions: supperthyme

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
No kidding. A new member who is already OG!

A hearty Welcome from Middle Tennessee!
Hello diamondback,

I do not know the economic situation in Tennessee, but I am on a limited income.
Being on a very limited income ($802 per month), I have had to adapt.

I enjoy smoking my pipe. GOD has given me this pleasure, though I have lost everything else, GOD has given me this to keep.

I work on a 30 day rotation of the pipe tobacco blends I smoke. Every day a different blend.

That means I do not use up each blend very fast. I buy a half pound (8oz) of the blends I like and use in my rotation. Smoking 5-8 bowls a day means it takes a long time to use up a half pound.

How do you keep it as fresh and moist as the day you received it? That was my problem. You do not want to smoke stale or dry tobacco. So this is the solution I found.
I found ‘air-tight/liquid-tight’ canisters. About $4-$6 each.11198

They are inexpensive and work well. They will keep your tobacco fresh and moist for 8 months no problem.

If you want your tobacco moister you can place a humidifier disk in water until it has soaked up the water then place it in the canister with the tobacco until the tobacco has moisten to your desired level then remove the disk. 11199

If you live on a limited income or you just don’t like spending a lot of money to keep you tobacco collection fresh and moist, consider these ideas.

Yes, you can use 'BALL' jars, but they are glass and I am too clumsy and break them. I have to use something safer.

Edwin

Pipe-Hound

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
Spokane, WA
Hey Edwin, a great big howdy from Spokane, WA!

skyride.jpg

Reactions: Edwin Weaver
Status
Not open for further replies.