PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

I have been smoking a pipe for more than 45 years. Now, at the end of my journey I have to sit back and enjoy smoking my pipe even more.
I have started a 30 day rotation of the tobaccos I enjoy. Each day a different tobacco and a different pipe (every pipe is dedicated to a particular tobacco). View attachment 10918
Some think smoking a pipe is a ‘man thing’. They are dead wrong! Pipe smoking is for everyone, (male-female, young-old, black-white-oriental, white collar-blue collar, out-doors type/in-doors type, on land or on the water, alone or in a group). Anywhere is good for smoking a pipe. There are no boundaries for pipe smokers.

Smoking a pipe will also help you focus on what really is important. As Albert Einstein said, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs”. The pipe, however, may have been a crucial tool in the formulation of his theories.

Enjoy your pipe, time is too short not to enjoy smoking your pipe
Edwin
you know what's horrible but true. When I see a lady smoking a pipe or cigar I am overly impressed by their familiarity and technique before I say what difference should gender make? Then I also remember there were times and places where pipes were for the ladies and wads of tobacco leafs where for the fellows, cause most of the time those things are just arbitrary or at best a reflection of other things happening at those times. Though I will warn all the people here that dating a pipe smoker is dangerous as your favorite blends seem to disappear extra quickly for some reason.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thank you for your wishes. If my God has His way, I will.
Though I am in a wheelchair, I know I have a long ways to go be fore my journey is over

I hope the God of all creation will bless and give you a good life.

Edwin
well I stick by the theory we're all immortal until otherwise proven not to be.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
No kidding. A new member who is already OG!

A hearty Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

Well it seems that many from the East Coast are sending me greetings. Which is great since I started on the East Coast (born in Florida, raised in Mass - and seen much of the East Coast), until the early 70's when I went to the West Coast.

Edwin

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, Edwin; kind offer. But I was thinking more along the lines of a thread or two with the full sized images, at some point when convenient for you. A lot of folks might enjoy seeing, say, the Presidents, and the Military collections.

There are existing threads for musicians somewhere or other, and actors as well.

Reactions: Edwin Weaver

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Thanks, Edwin; kind offer. But I was thinking more along the lines of a thread or two with the full sized images, at some point when convenient for you. A lot of folks might enjoy seeing, say, the Presidents, and the Military collections.

There are existing threads for musicians somewhere or other, and actors as well.

I will be happy to post the images, once i learn how to start a new post. As you can tell I am a new member and do not know how to do thing yet.

Edwin

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Hello Seattle. Never had the opportunity to see Seattle, but I was close "Spokane' for years. Though I wanted to visit i never followed through with my desire

Great to meet you.

Edwin
Great to meet you!

Ah, well Seattle is both very beautiful and extremely overly populated. However, the beauty of the Creation surrounds her and offers redemption.

Upon reading your posts:

Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire,
Unuttered or expressed;
The motion of a hidden fire
That trembles in the breast...
James Montgomery

Reactions: Edwin Weaver

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Great to meet you!

Ah, well Seattle is both very beautiful and extremely overly populated. However, the beauty of the Creation surrounds her and offers redemption.

Upon reading your posts:

Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire,
Unuttered or expressed;
The motion of a hidden fire
That trembles in the breast...
James Montgomery

Blessed is the Lord God the Almighty for His creation.
Thank you for your words.

Edwin

Reactions: peregrinus

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Welcome to the forum, Edwin ?
Forgive me supperthyme, but I am happy to see a young woman smoking a pipe. I hope you enjoy your pipe(s) half as much as i enjoy my pipes and tobacco.
I now over 30 tobacco blends that I smoke. I purchase 8oz of a blend at a time and keep them in an airtight canister.

each day I grab a different canister with a different tobacco and enjoy my day. i smoke 6 - 8 bowls each day (except stressful days when i will smoke up to 10). I always start each day off with "Coffee House Special" (a special personal blend I had Milan Tobacconist make for me) then I switch to the blend for the day. Today is the 4th, so I am smoking 'Peaches & Cream' (from Milan).

Again, great to see a young woman smoking and enjoying a pipe. look at these...

Have a great day
Edwin

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Forgive me supperthyme, but I am happy to see a young woman smoking a pipe. I hope you enjoy your pipe(s) half as much as i enjoy my pipes and tobacco.

There's nothing to forgive, Edwin. ? I've enjoyed a pipe for 8 years now. I'm curious- which varieties of tobacco make up your personal blend "Coffee House Special"?

I've glanced at Milan's blends but have yet to take the plunge and order.

Status
Not open for further replies.