Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

I have been smoking a pipe for more than 45 years. Now, at the end of my journey I have to sit back and enjoy smoking my pipe even more.
I have started a 30 day rotation of the tobaccos I enjoy. Each day a different tobacco and a different pipe (every pipe is dedicated to a particular tobacco). 10918
Some think smoking a pipe is a ‘man thing’. They are dead wrong! Pipe smoking is for everyone, (male-female, young-old, black-white-oriental, white collar-blue collar, out-doors type/in-doors type, on land or on the water, alone or in a group). Anywhere is good for smoking a pipe. There are no boundaries for pipe smokers.

Smoking a pipe will also help you focus on what really is important. As Albert Einstein said, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs”. The pipe, however, may have been a crucial tool in the formulation of his theories.

Enjoy your pipe, time is too short not to enjoy smoking your pipe
Edwin

Last edited by a moderator:

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Hey Hey, Welcome from East Tennessee

Hey East Tennessee. great to hear from you. If you liked the photos in my opening post, you may like these... just a few famous smokers from my generation.

You may remember some or even all of them. That's the problem with getting old, everyone you grew up with is gone.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

Edwin

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Welcome aboard! What are you smoking?

View attachment 10919

Thank you for your welcome. You asked what I smoked. it depends on the day. Since today is the 4th of the month, I am smoking 'Peaches & Cream' from Milan Tobacconist in Virginia. At my age and sitting in a wheelchair I have all the time in the world to smoke my pipe and enjoy many different tobaccos.

Have a great day.

Edwin

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome aboard! End of the journey? Screw that. If you're not yet eating a dirt sandwich the journey continues. Besides, you've only been smoking a pipe for 45 years, so you're still a beginner!
At a certain point, odds increase that some morning you're going to wake up dead. But I've given up predicting the future. I was going to retire at the beginning of this year and instead I'm working on three shows at Warner, and just started as Art Director of one of them. I'm not stepping down because some "OK Boomer" spouting brain donor wants to put me in a box. I'll go when I can't do the job, or no longer have the desire.
Thanks for the great lists! But, you forgot to include the children.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, regulations and so forth.

Do you have full sized images of many of the thumbnails you've posted above?

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Welcome aboard! End of the journey? Screw that. If you're not yet eating a dirt sandwich the journey continues. Besides, you've only been smoking a pipe for 45 years, so you're still a beginner!
At a certain point, odds increase that some morning you're going to wake up dead. But I've given up predicting the future. I was going to retire at the beginning of this year and instead I'm working on three shows at Warner, and just started as Art Director of one of them. I'm not stepping down because some "OK Boomer" spouting brain donor wants to put me in a box. I'll go when I can't do the job, or no longer have the desire.
Thanks for the great lists! But, you forgot to include the children.

True, I am just a beginner. I would be like you (still working), but God had a different idea. I am in a wheelchair now, but I still desire to work.
Do you work at the Warner Studio in Burbank or NY? I knew the Burbank Studios well in the mid 70's.
I did not include children smoking a pipe. because that is supposed to be illegal, though i know a few who do smoke pipes and enjoy it.
If you liked the other photo, you might enjoy this one of 'some famous pipe smokers from our generation. Though most have gone, a few still remain.

I hope you continue many more years and that God will help you and bless you.

Edwin

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, regulations and so forth.

Do you have full sized images of many of the thumbnails you've posted above?

Hello friend.

At present I am in Wisconsin.
Yes, I have at the images. I made the presentations. I can send you any of them you desire. I searched the internet for them, but I will send you any you want.
You might be interested in these and I have more, especially the actors and director...

Keep in touch and have a great day.

Edwin

Status
Not open for further replies.