PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Mine package will be going out this week. I finally received the last of my giftee's present and I just need some time to get to the post office. -Jason

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Ok I made it as close to Christmas as I could but I have given in. Boy am I glad I did. Lonestar provided me with a combination of my favorite tobaccos, new to me tobaccos (MY FIRST ESOTERICA BLENDS!) and aged tobaccos. Without further ado:

All three of the tins have a few years of age on them and I am very grateful for the gifts!
Peterson Old Dublin

Erinmore Flake

Peterson Perfect Plug
The 2x Esoterica Blends

Blackpool (which has the most amazing anise tin note)

Hastings
And my personal all time favorite blend so far:

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake
Again thank you to Lonestar and a big thank you to Gunnar for organizing this exchange.
Merry Christmas All,

Lincolnsbark

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I did a trade with both Cobguy (tobacco) and JeepNewbie (his birthyear 1981 Christmas Comoy's Pipe)
Today I got both their parcels (thanks guys, you made my Christmas)

I got a Stanwell "Brushed" Pipe

Tin of Villager 1888 After Dinner

Tin of Ole' Shenandoah Barrel 76

Tin of Stanwell Melange

Bag of Cobguys Cake Mix

Unnamed bag that I will soon have a name for

Pipe Cleaners
Again thank you both, you have made my Christmas

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Today I got both their parcels (thanks guys, you made my Christmas)
Same Here! Steve (Toby67) sent me a jar packed tight with Rincon de la Pipa #1

and a generous sample of C&D Bayou Morning as well.
Happy Holidays Mate! :puffy:

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
I keep running to my mailbox excitedly every day but its the same thing everyday, empty. Hopefully I will get mine soon! Still have a couple days left for deliveries before Christmas, I guess the good part is I don't have to sit and look at it under the tree and debate whether I will open it early or not :D

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Guess what dumb thing I did? Told my SS recipient he could open it early except I told him that in the card that's in the box that requires that you to open it early on your own to get to the card that authorizes you to open it early.....DOH! Not my smartest moment LOL

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Don't worry huskysibe, Santa didn't forget you. He was just entirely too busy and should have been ahead of this. Sent you a pm, but most of it is on the way to you. Going to be another piece coming after the holiday. USPS assures me that you will have it tomorrow. A little something extra due to my late coming of sending this... Many apologies sir, I should have been on a better time schedule.

B

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
No apologies necessary, I was actually just trying to be funny, but I appreciate you giving me an update. I wrestled with even posting anything for fear it would be taken the wrong way but I was feeling Jolly this morning and hoped with a well placed lol and smiley that my humor would be taken as such. Merry Christmas everybody!

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
HAHA I guess they didn't get the memo to add do not open until christmas on it pete. glad you liked it. sorry I couldn't give more money is tight right now and I wanted to add more extras in their for you but I just couldn't afford it. I have gotten the free sampler a few times and it is pretty good in my opinion and I thought you would like it to.
P.S I have still not opened your S.S box to me yet.
I loved the gift - two of my favorite blends. Thanks again and you really don't need to wait you know. Open the damn thing up and smoke, smoke, smoke!

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Conversation I had with my wife yesterday:
Wife : I opened your tobacco you ordered by accident.

Me: I already opened it and put it away 3 weeks ago.

Wife: Clearly you bought more. I thought it was one of the kids presents for Christmas.

Me: Seriously I have not bought any since the end of Nov.

Wife: I'll bet you $100.

Me: OK.
Minute later
Me: Thanks Kristy that is my Secret Santa I told you I was participating in.
long pause
Wife: Why would you put it under the tree next to the other boxes?

Me: That's where the gifts go.

Wife: next to the other ones that need to be wrapped?

Me: You owe me $100
Wife: Your going to buy more tobacco aren't you

Me: Yep

Thanks to my S.S. I have not gotten around to trying many G.L. Pease. Haddo's Delight is on my to try list. Also thanks for the Hot Sauce. Love trying different Hot Sauces.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
hahaha nice Easterntraveler!!!!! you scored at least three times during that exchange, the SS, the $100 for more tobacco, and the satisfaction that you won one over your wife! Because if your anything like me, my wife ALWAYS wins, so I savor my victories when they happen lol

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I finally got to the P.O. today. It went out priority but probably won't be there for Christmas, and for that I'm truly sorry. This holiday season blew past with nary a chance for me to catch up with it. I've yet to wrap one present, and it looks like I may be finishing some in Christmas eve.
-Jason

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey there gang...
I've received my SS present, it's under the tree and will be opened Christmas Eve with the rest of this year's presents.
I just checked with Santa, via Canada Post tracking, and my SS is slated to receive his present tomorrow.
-- Pat

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
hahaha nice Easterntraveler!!!!! you scored at least three times during that exchange, the SS, the $100 for more tobacco, and the satisfaction that you won one over your wife! Because if your anything like me, my wife ALWAYS wins, so I savor my victories when they happen lol
+1
Hahaha, always good to have the last laugh with the missus and get a bonus $100 to spend on tobacco as a result
:laughat:

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
That was an awesome story. Enjoy the blends. Hopefully the sauce isn't too hot for you. Merry Christmas to you sir.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
My secret santa's package has been on a hell of a journey! Daimyo was a good secret santa and posted it to me shortly after he got my name, but I gave him the wrong address! It was off by one digit in the zip code! It bounced around montana and north dakota forever. When we finally discovered this, he intercepted it and sent it to Tennessee, where I was supposed to spend about two weeks. Well, I got called back early, and missed the package! So my family shipped it to me in another box of christmas presents. Well, it took forever, and finally, the fedex guy put it on the wrong side of the street! Luckily the house was abandoned for christmas. Imagine if somebody decided to take it for themselves! A good way to ruin christmas. After successfully sneaking my wag across the street, (only joking, I pulled up in my car, knocked and found no signs of life) I found two packages that had been sitting for two days in the snow! O eagerly brought them home.
Inside were many wonderful things. This is my firdt christmas away from my family. They really spoiled me! I cant wait to see what I got. But also, THREE big tins are wrapped inside! I CANNOT wait to see whats inside, but the magic of christmas would be ruined if I did! Additionally, several loose samplers of tobacco from the House of Calabash were enclosed and a pouch of one of my FAVORITE tobaccos, five brothers was enclosed! Ive been on TAD lockdown for a while, and ran through my stash of five bros sooner then I thought. Seeing that in there made me even happier!
Daimyo is a true brother of the briar and a very kind man. I am so excited to pop these mysterious and as of yet unknown tins!
Merry Christmas gentleman! Thanks to Daimyo the holiday spirit is really alive and well in the BnB bachelor pad :)

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Bullets, I'm just relieved it got there and I hope it adds some cheer. :lol: I can't believe after all that package has been through, it got delivered to the wrong house. I swear it seemed at time like the Grinch was actively working against us but the spirit of Christmas prevailed. So glad you found it sitting on the abandoned stoop. I hope the samples and Five Brothers holds you well till the big day and you like what's wrapped up. I tried the Freight Train Sunday night after a full meal and it was really good. I had to smoke it 1/3 of the bowl at a time but I can definitely see why you like it. Great taste and tin note. Merry Christmas everyone.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
December 23... Attempted, again, to open the present from my not-so Secret Santa but was caught. Wife has me on a short leash until tomorrow.
Groan.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.