PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
This is probably old news to you guys, but I just found out that tobacconists in Canada can't ship to other provinces, except with great difficulty. I was looking over a few of them and noted that there were no prices or ordering mechanism. I live in Quebec and was trying to order from other provinces.

In an email, Burlington on Whyte tobacconists (in Alberta) told me:
"It comes down to each Province having its own taxation structure and them wanting their cut. We would have to have separate stores of tobacco for each province along with the appropriate licensing for each province in order to ship across provincial borders."

So I guess I have to buy from Quebec tobacconists only. A well-known and much heralded tobacconist, Blatter & Blatter, are right here in Montreal. I guess I'll be paying them a visit.

On a side note, still no word from 4noggins. I've been calling them 3 or 4 times a day. Always goes to the machine. My online credit card statement, though, shows they took the money with no problem on October 9th. ($193 Canadian dollars!) I don't care if they are having difficulties fulfilling my order. I am a reasonable guy. But as with all matters, it is the silence that is most maddening.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
This is probably old news to you guys, but I just found out that tobacconists in Canada can't ship to other provinces, except with great difficulty. I was looking over a few of them and noted that there were no prices or ordering mechanism. I live in Quebec and was trying to order from other provinces.

In an email, Burlington on Whyte tobacconists (in Alberta) told me:
"It comes down to each Province having its own taxation structure and them wanting their cut. We would have to have separate stores of tobacco for each province along with the appropriate licensing for each province in order to ship across provincial borders."

So I guess I have to buy from Quebec tobacconists only. A well-known and much heralded tobacconist, Blatter & Blatter, are right here in Montreal. I guess I'll be paying them a visit.

On a side note, still no word from 4noggins. I've been calling them 3 or 4 times a day. Always goes to the machine. My online credit card statement, though, shows they took the money with no problem on October 9th. ($193 Canadian dollars!) I don't care if they are having difficulties fulfilling my order. I am a reasonable guy. But as with all matters, it is the silence that is most maddening.
Ordered from 4noggins like 2 weeks ago without any problems. He usually send me a shipping link the same day or day after. I’m in Canada too, and ordered a few times from cupojoes and it worked without a scratch but they do declare everything in the package.

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Ordered from 4noggins like 2 weeks ago without any problems. He usually send me a shipping link the same day or day after. I’m in Canada too, and ordered a few times from cupojoes and it worked without a scratch but they do declare everything in the package.
I am so envious!! LOL

Reactions: Nevaditude

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Or get your post count up and get matched with another Canadian for Secret Santa?

Never bought tobacco from another province, so I can't help. Seems to be easier to get it from SP or have another member purchase it for you and mail it direct.
I have quite a bit 10 year old tobacco here with me now. I should be all set for a few months. It sure is maddening, though, to be stonewalled like this by 4noggins. Answer your phone, dammit!

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Maybe you package is in customs? What the tracking number saying?
@vink There is no tracking number that I can find. My invoice page says that the order is Paid for, but Unfulfilled. My credit card shows the order was paid for on the same day I placed the order - October 9th ... so they are having no trouble collecting their (my) money.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
@vink There is no tracking number that I can find. My invoice page says that the order is Paid for, but Unfulfilled. My credit card shows the order was paid for on the same day I placed the order - October 9th ... so they are having no trouble collecting their (my) money.
You should have 2 emails one just after ordering titles order confirmed and a second one title a shipment is on its way. That one contains a PUF tracking number that refer to mail tracking one.

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
You should have 2 emails one just after ordering titles order confirmed and a second one title a shipment is on its way. That one contains a PUF tracking number that refer to mail tracking one.
@vink I've checked all the emails I have from 4noggins. I have the "order confirmed" email but there is no "Shipment Is On Its Way" email.
Ok ... I need to stop griping about this and go back to my "patience" status. Everything is going to be alright. :-P

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
It doesn't matter what 4Noggins did. What matters is that you complain to the credit card company, and they will get your money back. Then 4Noggins has to deal with the credit card company's army of lawyers and accountants.
Exactly. If you are not receiving what you paid for, dispute the charge. Enough of that and vendors will ship what you pay for.