PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are also a LOT of new pipes being sold on Ebay, from what I think are also B&M's. I think that some B&Ms and wholesalers are putting their pipes on Ebay to act as a sort of online store for them. I have no idea if that is new, it seems new for pipes, because I don't remember seeing that many before.

Maybe more pipe smokers are just dying off in droves?

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
All interesting observations. As to Peterson specifically, maybe Sables’ observation is due to the new Peterson book and people seeing increased awareness of the line as an opportunity to sell?
46FBEC36-8B6B-4385-8D03-85E02BC2D263.jpeg
it is still a very big jump.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I've seen a few sellers pop up with brand new petersons that they are selling dirt cheap. the photos look just like SPC photos, and they even use terms like "FRESH" in the title of the listing. They also have a few other brands like Savinelli etc. But all brand new production pipes.. not just new stock.
so are these people somehow becoming dealers through Laudisi then selling just directly on ebay?

o are these people somehow becoming dealers through Laudisi then selling just directly on ebay?
Could it even be that Laudsi is selling direct on Ebay? I would avoid those till we hear whether it is really them. I also see multiple listings on the same pipe, using the same details, except with different sellers. Looks like lots of buggery on EBay that you have to be careful of.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don't know but if that were the case why would they undercut their own price?
flawed pipes that don't pass SPC inspection?

Oh, and not to throw the thread off, but I would be careful of overseas vendors. I picked up an unsmoked old stock Hilson from Germany in December, and then my acct was bombed with all sorts of attempts at draining my acct. Luckily my credit card recognized it as scam. I am very glad that I wasn't tying my PayPal business acct to it.

I got the pipe though and the seller seemed up and up. But, on the phone with my CC, they said that overseas third parties are hacking acct info off of Ebay. YMMV

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Could it even be that Laudsi is selling direct on Ebay? I would avoid those till we hear whether it is really them. I also see multiple listings on the same pipe, using the same details, except with different sellers. Looks like lots of buggery on EBay that you have to be careful of.
Yea. Avoid, could be fake auctions, like they advertise house rentals to the unsuspecting.
Brobs shoot a screen shot, no links:)

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I had that happen.. they actually got my routing number somehow so I had to close my bank account and open a new one.

• Wow
Reactions: mingc

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think eBay itself has ballooned partly relating to people taking up online buying starting with phones rather than bigger devices. It is my understanding that many more young people experience the internet entirely by phones without starting out with any larger device, which makes the expansion of the net, and eBay, exponential. This has made big differences in the demographics of the web. I'm not a techie, so this has all made it through my info filters. At heart, I'm a quill pen and parchment guy myself.

Reactions: ram74

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
almost everything has exploded in a similar way on e-bay. Also marijuana pipes probably take up a big percentage of those numbers or at least a significant amount. Hey at least it's not like snuff where you have to dig through 90 percent of the products that aren't made for snuff at all.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have noticed a drop off for the pipes that I buy. I only buy No American artisan made pipes and the number of estates in that category has dropped. The prices have varied, some good deals some not so good. I don't pay attention to pipes I have no intention of buying.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I had that happen.. they actually got my routing number somehow so I had to close my bank account and open a new one.

Off topic, but routing numbers are (and are meant to be) public and apply to all accounts within a given geography at a given institution. They can be found by spending a few seconds googling. Account numbers are private.

Status
Not open for further replies.