PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Misu, my guess is that you may have inadvertently hit the button to post your (incomplete) comments in your last post.
You can edit a post -- a poster has 45 minutes to edit any comment made in a thread here -- so click "EDIT" (in blue, at the bottom of your post) and when your original post pops up, edit away [:)]

I did. The second time I re-wrote what I wrote. I made the post area bigger, by pulling on the little dotted triangle thingy in the bottom right corner, and I got the same results. Is it because I'm a newbie that I can only post so many characters? I did copy and paste the whole post to a word file. Not that I have great and powerful things to say, but just in case I figured it out. The moment's gone. I'm good with it :)

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Hi Misu - welcome to the addiction. There are several women puffers here, all are very cool so you'll fit it very nicely. The title of your post intrigued me. "Non Babe". mehhh. Who cares! 95% of us here on this forum will likely never meet each other in person. This is a place of friendship, of knowledge and of sharing our passion for the pipe and leaf. If you are a puffer, you are a friend of mine, babe or not. Welcome.

Thank you and . . . here ya go

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Anyway, I think someone above already said it, but I'll reiterate: Who cares what everybody else thinks about it? If it makes you happy and does no harm to anyone else, enjoy it and let those who look down their nose at you for it go straight to hell on a bobsled.

I whole heartedly agree :)

The part that didn't get posted: )It's just that there are some things that guys just don't understand. Like when I was at the B&M (

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
I asked for a girlie pipe. He said "We don't have pink ones. I don't want a pink pipe. I just want one that doesn't look so masculine. I didn't pursue the issue because the important thing right now is that I get a good pipe and good pipe/tobacco advise. Which I really did when I bought my first pipe.

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
I think the software for this forum doesn't like parenthesis. It must look at it like some sort of HTML code, or something.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I think the software for this forum doesn't like parenthesis. It must look at it like some sort of HTML code, or something.
Hmmm. . . That can't be it, since I use parentheses like crazy! :)
As for a "girlie" pipe. . . It might help for you to browse the pipes on Web sites like smokingpipes.com -- a great online retailer; I buy virtually all of my tobacco there and have picked up a number of pipes as well -- and get a feel for what appeals to you. That way, you'll know when you visit a store what to specify. Maybe you like small bowls, long thin shanks, and a gold band. Straight/bent. Smooth or sandblasted. Traditional English shapes or more unique freehands. You get the idea. . .
Bob

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Hmmm. . . That can't be it, since I use parentheses like crazy! [:)]

3 times I tried to post this (The spaces are going to be taken out and I'm going to take the space between the "B", the ampersand, and the "M" to see if it works. Not because what I have to say is so profound but in an effort to solve my problem. I promise this will be the last post about it. The Mods can feel free to delete it :)
Like when I was at the B&M (my first attempt at the proper use of terminology :D )

ETA: Ah-ha! it's was the use of the less than symbol and the dash that the issue was with. I was trying to make an arrow.

I feel better :D

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
We actually just had a pretty long discussion about more effeminate looking pipes it starts down towards the bottom third of the first page and continues on for some time with a slew of pictures and links

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/women-pipe-smokers

Thanx :)

I'm reading it now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.