PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Completely off topic, but Zoboomafoo and Wild Kratts are great shows. My daughters love them.

View attachment 70418
My daughter watched Zoboomafoo reruns over and over when she was little, and my son loves WildKratts and has a bunch of the toys. I like them because they have at least a little educational content and they speak in complete sentences, which is more than you can say for many kids shows.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
You guys lost me. I was Sky King, Roy Rogers, and Rifleman. My kids didn't watch much tv at all. They preferred to be outside or I had them doing chores. Maybe this crap says a lot about why we have a generation or two with the issues they have.

Reactions: JOHN72

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
We watched stuff like this
Speak for yourself, dude, I only watched healthy, wholesome and educational programming like Predator and Robocop. Well, when it was the weekends we spent with our Dad, anyway.

Reminds me of when i put that little square piece of paper on my tongue and had a bad time.
One time, I was like 16 and meeting some friends after my job working at a deli. We were going to drop and see a movie. I took my dose on the way to the theater so I wouldn't spend half the movie or more waiting for it to kick in. I arrive and my friends have already bought tickets and I ask what we're seeing and they respond American History X. It was... A less than ideal choice. ?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
When my daughter was little this was one of the most popular kid's shows on TV, we didn't watch it much (she preferred shows like Zaboomafoo), seeing Muno toys in walmart always made me laugh. Wierd stuff.

Typical Hollyweird propaganda trying to indoctrinate our moral, Christian children into trying alternative sexual practices and vegetable-eating? A special report, coming up next on The 700 Club. ?

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Typical Hollyweird propaganda trying to indoctrinate our moral, Christian children into trying alternative sexual practices and vegetable-eating? A special report, coming up next on The 700 Club. ?
Well, one of the main characters was a talking dildo, and the musical guests were usually non-kid friendly performers, so there may be some merit to that lol.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don’t remember this one. Most of the shows I remember from growing up are from the late 80s and the early 90s. I was born in 81 for the record.
This one was on pbs weekday mornings before school I believe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't watch all the videos posted, but the original post looks like it is strongly influenced by Broadway, ebullient music and some impressive dance productions. The singing is either well dubbed or superbly mic'ed. Some folks from other cultures, attending Broadway shows, are much impressed by the simultaneous song and dance that we all take as standard. If that was the worst that happened to 80's kids, they'll do okay. By that time, I was sweating property tax, car payments, and the ever-elusive promotion.

• Haha
Reactions: danimalia and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.