PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I was a kid in the 80s and have never heard of whatever abomination freakshow this thread is about. When I watched TV it looked like this.

Reactions: danimalia and BROBS

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Just think of how many pipes of cocaine it took it to create all the insane 80s children’s television shows.
Oh, I bet the most cynical, asshole toy-selling garbage was fueled by a ton of cocaine. A bunch of corporate ghouls adding new tie-ins with each line. ?

Part of the reason I've never been one for nostalgia over the stuff is I just find it awfully gross in retrospect.

Jeez, I guess this post is fairly grim...

NOT THE MAMA! ?

Fiddlepiper

Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
View attachment 70509View attachment 70510
What’s that saying about people in glass houses?
Maybe because I was born in 86 and didn’t really watch TV until the 90s, I missed out on these gems. It was all Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sharky and George, Raccoons and Care Bears that I remember. None of these nightmare inducing images. ?

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
My old man had me watching English Premier League games for as long as I can remember. Andy Griffith Show on weeknights, EPL on the weekends.

Used to have to wake up at like 4am to watch games. It was worse during world Cup years, depending on where it was held.

Fiddlepiper

Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
My old man had me watching English Premier League games for as long as I can remember. Andy Griffith Show on weeknights, EPL on the weekends.

Used to have to wake up at like 4am to watch games. It was worse during world Cup years, depending on where it was held.
Oh yes the football was always on in our house too. My mum and I are big football fans. Again only mostly at weekends though. Unless there were mid week European games. ?

What is his team?

Reactions: danimalia

Fiddlepiper

Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
Who’s your team, then? Hate to have to hate you, but also wouldn’t mind a new friend.
My mum followed my grandad and supports Bolton Wanderers (very successful up until the 1950s and then been dropping down the leagues ever since the early 2000s). I followed my Nana (and most other Aberdeen FC fans) and support Manchester United.

Reactions: danimalia

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
My mum followed my grandad and supports Bolton Wanderers (very successful up until the 1950s and then been dropping down the leagues ever since the early 2000s). I followed my Nana (and most other Aberdeen FC fans) and support Manchester United.

GLORY GLORY MY NEW BEST FRIEND! GLORY GLORY MY NEW BEST FRIEND!

Also, are you from the granite city?

Status
Not open for further replies.