PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
They are both great. I smoked them before the recent incarnation and enjoyed both. However I recently restocked 965 because I enjoyed the Cavendish quite a bit. I do think new tins need age and then some time to rest / air after opening.

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
Smoke both, but more Nightcap now. In fact had some earlier today.
Opened first tin of Nightcap about 18 years ago and it smelled like a cross between burning tires and railroad ties.
Smoked it, didn't taste much better, more like diesel fuel and soured leather.
Didn't pick up another latakia blend for five or so years afterward. Now, 1/2 my rotation is latakia based.

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
I need to try a few more of thEse dunhill blends before they all disappear, I’ve only had nightcap and dark flake ....

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I need to try a few more of these dunhill blends before they all disappear
I was thinking the same thing so I picked up a tin of most of those available just so I can at experience them. I don't feel the need to stockpile though.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Another take: Why chase down mediocre blends that are disappearing rather than sample some of the hundreds (well, at least dozens!) of better English blends, most of which will be available for years to come? Many of which are made by American firms....

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
unkleyoda I was just kidding :)
I like Nightcap but have some 965 cellared for trade down the road.Quality leaf for sure.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I like 965 but nightcap is my bread and butter. Delicious, consistent and satisfying in strength. I have four quart jars aging for almost a year now. I can't wait to smoke it soon and I'll be sad when the last of it is gone. I like Presbyterian and John Cotton now.1 and 2 both more than 965 or emp.

Status
Not open for further replies.