PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I always liked Mackinac Island, touristy but unique, that grand hotel, no cars, and horse drawn carriages. I was alway tempted to break for a night at the big hotel with the endless porch, but it was pricey. I always fancied Hotel Coronado off San Diego, and I actually managed to stay at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond with its vast promenade of a lobby with fountain and statuary. UP is nifty, under-populated in an appealing way.

Reactions: clynch

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Hello all from the Northwoods of Michigan! I'm new to pipe smoking. I started in with an inexpensive pipe kit off amazon (we live pretty remotely with no pipe or tobacco stores within a couple hours of us.) I've been sampling different tobaccos for about three months now. So far Lane 1-Q is my favorite. Still learning the ropes and my cheapie pipe has begun to crack where the mouthpiece joins. Now that I know I like it, I'll be purchasing a better replacement - or two! And continuing to learn, as I'm sure there are tips and tricks and other things I still don't know. Thanks all! I've enjoyed reading various threads around the forum!

EK
Welcome from W MI

GawithPiper

(NOVAPipe)
Jan 24, 2022
USA
Hello all from the Northwoods of Michigan! I'm new to pipe smoking. I started in with an inexpensive pipe kit off amazon (we live pretty remotely with no pipe or tobacco stores within a couple hours of us.) I've been sampling different tobaccos for about three months now. So far Lane 1-Q is my favorite. Still learning the ropes and my cheapie pipe has begun to crack where the mouthpiece joins. Now that I know I like it, I'll be purchasing a better replacement - or two! And continuing to learn, as I'm sure there are tips and tricks and other things I still don't know. Thanks all! I've enjoyed reading various threads around the forum!

EK
Welcome friend!

EK_Packers

Lurker
Mar 4, 2022
Northern Michigan
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I always liked Mackinac Island, touristy but unique, that grand hotel, no cars, and horse drawn carriages. I was alway tempted to break for a night at the big hotel with the endless porch, but it was pricey. I always fancied Hotel Coronado off San Diego, and I actually managed to stay at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond with its vast promenade of a lobby with fountain and statuary. UP is nifty, under-populated in an appealing way.
Thanks MSO! I agree about Mackinac Island and the Grand Hotel. I did have a chance to stay there one night with my s.o. It was nice but I think overpriced for the accomodations! That porch! We stayed on Coronado Island in 2017 - that hotel looked amazing! We stayed a few blocks away further inland that trip.

RevBriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2022
Thumb of Michigan

EK
Welcome from the Thumb of Michigan!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

EK
Welcome from Connecticut !

Reactions: EK_Packers
Status
Not open for further replies.