PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The first lie every politician tells: "I want to serve my constituents and do what is right."

The truth, as I have observed in my 70 trips around the sun, is that the first thing on a politician's mind after winning the election and raising money for their reelection campaign.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
The first lie every politician tells: "I want to serve my constituents and do what is right."
I mean, having met people, I think that's only a half lie, especially when you remember who their REAL constituents are... but between the actual elite class and your regular average person, I still don't see much difference, it'd be the same story if anyone else could afford to buy the government.

Screenshot_20231128-205733.png

Last edited:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Yeah guys, a 1.75 oz tin here is US$100, most of that’s tobacco tax, and the same tax is on any type of tobacco, and there are still plenty of cig smokers around. The new govt would have opened the books and thought “wooooow…..is this how much revenue comes in from tobacco. Let’s leave that money pit alone!”.

Personal liberty….just boils down to what’s socially acceptable or not now a days.

Holy Crap, seriously all tins of this size are around US $100?

Wow, that is sad, and insane... :(

@Ahi Ka I don’t recall you mentioning tobacco prices before like this? hmm 🤔 So sorry mate if it’s an absolute fortune to smoke in NZ. :(

Sorry too @DeerparkDays :(

P.S. Sorry for off topic... :(

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Even fictional good politicians don't exist. I've never read a book where the elite weren't the bad guys.
Levin in Anna Karenina is the only one that comes to mind. Then again he rejects his elite background and has a whole chapter dedicated to working on his farm with the peasants.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@Ahi Ka the reason I was asking about the WAYS, is this post is about an NZ Ban, I wasn’t sure, but I was also thinking, as a Proud Kiwi, you were posting here to show NZ, you’re happily puffing away. :)

How many rabbits do you have? Please show them all... ❤️

Hope all is well in NZ, be well! 🤙 ❤️

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
@Ahi Ka the reason I was asking about the WAYS, is this post is about an NZ Ban, I wasn’t sure, but I was also thinking, as a Proud Kiwi, you were posting here to show NZ, you’re happily puffing away. :)

How many rabbits do you have? Please show them all... ❤️

Hope all is well in NZ, be well! 🤙 ❤️
Just Cookie and Blake.

DF0BF103-6D3D-4D96-9AA7-BA847055ECAA.jpeg

Though Louie the cat proudly brought me an early Christmas present the other day

EF330560-6AB9-43EF-8021-92B0EAA65778.jpeg53A86418-B6B4-4AD7-8F8C-3BFF8615A410.jpeg

One day I’d like to try having a pet possum. This is pinky who loves down the road

91A87A99-0D3E-4E3B-8D13-13CE7FD40AEB.jpeg

He shares the forest with these eels

A00A077A-E208-4B02-A755-65311C7564CD.jpeg

Tomorrow I’m going to smoke some Stonehenge in the other delacour bros pipe which came in the set.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The first duty of any government must be the rule of law. Otherwise it’s an anarchy.

The only real purpose of laws is to abridge liberty.

We don’t want to have to pay a tax, for example, to have a road and a bridge. It’s all right if the other guy pays the tax, though, because he can afford to.

Winston Churchill said that democracy was the worst form of government except for all the others.

The problem comes when government tries to become our nanny, rather than our servant.